Chapter Three

Chapter 3

Blake's POV -

::: I walked out of the store and headed in the direction of my dad's place. He asked me to pick up apple cider vinegar and a couple of steaks. Since he's been asking since yesterday, I made sure to stop by the store and pick him up some.

When I reached the apartment door I examined the list of names listed above the buzzards for his apartment number and found it, quickly jamming my finger against the button, considering I didn't know the passcode.

Buzzzz. "Who is it?" My dad's raspy voice spoke over the intercom, as if he had just woken up.

Buzzzz. "Um, it's me, dad," I said, my finger holding down the button. "I got that steak and vinegar you asked for."

Silence, then buzzzz. "Blake, I asked you to get that yesterday and you didn't even come back," my dad said.

I rolled my eyes slightly in irritation, before jamming the button again. "You gonna let me in or what? This is some perfectly good steak that mom would enjoy eating back at home."

I waited for his response, only to be buzzed right in. The red light beside the door handle turned green, indicating the door was unlocked, and I pull the door open by the rusty handle. I headed towards the elevator and up to my dad's apartment.

"Saucing, I'm saucing, I'm saucing on you... I'm swaggin', I'm swaggin', I'm swaggin' on you... I'm ballin', I'm ballin'... Iverson on you..." My ringtone rung throughout the empty, long hallway. I abruptly paused and reached down into the front pockets of my Levi jeans, fishing out my phone and tapping the green phone icon.

I answered right away without even glancing at the contact name. When the voice spoke, I regretted not checking the name. It was my girlfriend Amelia.

Amelia and I have been dating on and off for about 3 months now. She was okay for the first month, but now she's just too attached and annoying for me. I can't do anything without her calling to check up on me.

Where am I? Who am I with? What are we doing?

Like damn, last time I checked she was my girlfriend, NOT my probation officer.

"Hey, baaaabe," she said into the phone, stretching the word "baby" out.

"Hey, Amelia," I said flatly, not in the mood for her ditziness. "What's up?" I inquired.

She chuckled, though softly and disappointedly. "What do you mean, what's up? I can't call to see what my boyfriend is up to?" She asked inquisitively.

"Not when you call every second of every day. Damn, Amelia," I said with a sigh.

"I do not call that much," she scoffed, lying right through her teeth.

"Ah, well my bad, every minute of every day," I chuckled sarcastically. "Or is it every hour? I don't really know."

I know I sound mean, but we are always having these petty little arguments. Though, that's not even a valid excuse for why I'm talking to my girlfriend like this, but she doesn't mind and we care for each other at the end of the day. These petty quarrels mean nothing once the day nears end.

"Anyways, I was calling to ask if you wanted to come over?" Amelia said exuberantly, dropping the argument and going back to her happy, cheery self.

"Ah... I can't, Ams, my dad was 'bout to make dinner," I told her with a sigh, genuinely sorry as I rubbed at the nape of my neck. "He wanted me to meet his new girlfriend or something. Another day, though, aight?"