Chapter Twenty Nine

Emily Payne

Harry and I are still fake dating. I feel really bad- Especially seeing how Louis is taking it tough.... Though, at the same time, I feel like I'm on fire.

He was cheated on, and now feels ten times as bad for what he did to me. Serves him right- That was exactly how I felt when I walked in on them lip locking.

" Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Emily and Louis.. Happy Birthday to you!" Everyone cheered, as Louis and I blew out the candles on the huge cake we shared.

Yes- Louis and I have the same birthday. Well, his is a day before mine, but we are just celebrating it on the same day.

" Happy Birthday." Louis spoke to me, for the first time since I walked out on him the day of the interview.

" Happy Birthday too." I smiled, as the fake Tiara they are making me wear fell of my head.

Louis bent over and picked it up.

" Here.." He whispered, setting it on my head.

" Thanks.." I mumbled, as we sat there in silence. The others were in the living room enjoying the huge party.

" I'm sorry." He blurted out.

" Sorry for what?" I asked stupidly.

" Don't act dumb. I'm sorry for everything. For kissing El back, to ignoring you these past months. I really didn't like El, as much as I thought I did. It's just that.." Louis said, out of words.

" That I never let us kiss like that. That I need to live more- That I need to not act like a little baby and explore. To give myself." I interrupted him. His eyes softened, looking at me. I stared down at the ground.

" No. Emily, that's not what I meant. Its just I used to love Eleanor very much, and when she came back I thought I felt the same as I did a couple years earlier. But now I know I was just missing you, and used my feelings toward you onto her." Louis tried explaining.

" I miss you Em. I still do love you." He said sadly.

" I miss you too, and love you Louis. It really hurt that you did that. It broke me.. But I miss you. I miss your hugs, and your kisses. The way you make me laugh at your child ness.. Everything." I whispered.

" What about Harry? I can't just steal his girl.." He said, looking over at me. I was silent, not knowing what to say next. Should I tell him? Should I just not say anything?

" Emily, go to him. Tell him. Louis, you and Emily are perfect. It broke us all to see you guys in your states. The lads made up an idea of Emily dating someone to take her mind off of you, but of course that wouldn't have worked. We aren't actually dating lad. She is like my little sister. I love her, just not like that. But if you break her heart- I will hurt you." Harry said, walking through the door into the kitchen where we are.

" And we will too." Niall, Zayn, and Liam said walking in beside Harry.

" Uh- I haven't gave you your present yet. Follow me." Louis said, standing up. He offered my hand, as I hesitated but grabbed anyways. He pulled me out the front door, as we walked to a rundown park down the road.

He pulled me onto the small park bench, as the snow lightly fell on us. Everywhere was covered in a blanket of white. It was beautiful.

" I bought this for you a while back.. Just never had the right time to give you it. I was planning on giving it to you the day of the interview in till.. Yeah." He said, grabbing something from his pocket.

He brought out a small black box, as he got down on one knee.

" Emily, where do I even began? Your the love of my life, The bread to my sandwich. We have been through a lot. Let's leave it at that. Though we still seem to grow stronger together through all of the ups and downs. I never want to loose you. I want to put the past behind us, and explore the future.. Emily Payne do you accept this Promise Ring?" He asked, opening the box to reveal an infinity ring.

It had diamonds in crusted into the silver ring, with our names engraved on the inside.

Emily and Louis- Forever and Always- It read. My eyes teared up, as I smiled nodding my head. He slid the ring on, jumping up and pulling me up from the bench.

He picked me up, twirling us around, as if we didn't have a care in the world. He suddenly stopped, as we stared into each others eyes. I watched the white snowflakes fall onto his hair, as I started to lean down.

Our lips connected, passion filled through us. This was a dream come true- As cheesy as that sounded. He and I may not be engaged, not yet, but just promising us to each other is a tear jerker for me.

" I love you Louis." I told him, as we walked hand in hand on the soft snow.

" I love you too Emily.." He said, as we made it to out front door. He pecked my lips one last time. As we pulled away, I caught the lads and Danielle smiling at us through the window.

" There watching us." Louis whispered into my ear.

" I know, I just caught them." I mumbled back, as we started laughing.

We walked in, as the lads and Dani cheered. We told them the wonder full news, as they already knew from watching us.

" Goodnight Emily..." Louis mumbled against my hair, as we laid on my bed cuddling. I smiled to my self, before falling into complete darkness.