Group Chat (18)

"The way I see it, we have two options," Thomas says. Minho's the one driving the BMW, you're in the front, and Thomas and Jess are cuddling in the back. The car is Thomas', though.
Thomas's arm is around Jess, and Jess's head on his shoulder. Your eyes gaze out of the window, and Minho is focused forwards, but you're both listening.
"We either go at night, when they're all asleep. But it would be difficult to see, we'd have to be very quiet, and they're all there with us. Or, we can go in the day, hopefully when the parents at least are away. We'd be able to see. Maybe one of us could distract Teresa," Thomas explains logically.
"Day," Jess answers.
"Day." You agree; it's day now, and you want to see Newt okay as soon as possible.
Minho rolls his eyes slightly but nods.
"Okay then," Thomas smiles a little, seeming excited. "Turn left here, mate."
Minho does. You're driving along a road full of houses. Thomas points out Teresa's, and the drive is empty.
Minho parks up just down the road, and the four of you climb out, locking the car behind you.
"Okay, I'll go knock. You guys go round to the garden, and wait for my signal."
Thomas goes and knocks on the door, suppressing his nerves. After a little while, it opens, and Teresa's there. The two of them stare at each other for a moment, before smiling in greeting.
"It's been a while, hasn't it?" The sound of Thomas' voice trails off as the three of you climb into the garden. Soon there's the sound of footsteps going upwards, and you spot Thomas' back against one of the windows at the top.
"Now," Minho murmurs, trying the backdoor.
It works, sliding open easily. He raises his eyebrows but says nothing, and the three of you enter, and quietly slide it closed behind you.
You split up.
Minho goes to the kitchen. Jess to the dining room. You to the living room.
You search around, ducking and looking under sofas, looking for trapdoors, secret doors, anything.
Dang it, nothing.
You try the fireplace. Nothing. Behind the TV. Nothing.
A tall bookshelf stretches upwards at the side, only, it's not right against the wall you notice.
You frown, peering behind it.
Darkness.
Switching on your phone's torch, you peer behind it again.
It's so small, you almost miss it. But once you spot it, you can't take your eyes off it.
A door handle.
Did Teresa really have Newt?
Your eyes dart to the door upon hearing the sound of footsteps moving down the stairs again, and Thomas talking loudly, thanking her for showing him around.
Dammit
You dart beneath a sofa just in time, and can only hope the others found places to hide, too.
"I'm sorry to be a pain," Thomas' voice comes. "But could I check the garage too? Minho is insistent that I'm thorough, and though I don't believe it's actually you... well, he's been in a bit of a frail state of mind recently."
You hold back a snigger, freezing as Thomas and Teresa's feet walk past you, and exit out of the back door. With their backs turned, you slowly slip out, knowing you were in full view if they turned around and looked through the glass doors.
You quickly move over and lock the back doors, before sprinting to where Minho and Jess were.
"Guys, I found it. It's behind a bookshelf, but I can't lift it on my own."
"Where's Teresa?" Jess's voice comes from beneath the table, but she slips out from beneath it.
"They're in the garage. Come on we don't have long."
Minho climbs out of a kitchen cupboard, grumbling that he'd never help us again but also grinning from adrenaline.
You go back to the living room. The two aren't in the garden anymore, so they won't see.
Together, you lift the heavy bookshelf and move it to the side. Minho does most of the work. He's actually stronger than he realises.
You were right; there is a crack in the wall, and a door handle. You exchange glances with the others, before trying it.
It opens.
Your phone torch is turned back on, and you and Jess creep down, with Minho in the living room still, having moved back the bookshelf and keeping watch from underneath the sofa.
"Newt?" You whisper-call.
"Newt, you here?" Jess adds, slightly less quieter.
A sound from below.
You follow the stairs down, and they lead you into a mostly cellar. Mostly empty, other than a chest in the corner, and a strung up boy on one of the walls.
Your eyes widen.
Newt.
In the darkness, his brown eyes meet yours. You run to him and quickly pull down the gag from his mouth, wrapping your arms around him.
His arms and legs are chained up, but he leans into you gratefully. "I love you."
"I love you too."
"YN..." Jess's voice comes. "I can't find the keys.."
Newt suddenly presses his lips against yours, a tear of relief running down his cheek. You kiss him back for a while, before stepping up to take a good look at him. He's shirtless, only in his jeans. His dirty-blond hair is messy, and he's shivering from the cold. Bruises and scars litter his torso, and there's a nasty looking bruise over his eye.
"What did they do to you.." You mumble.
"I knew you'd find me," Newt manages a small smile.
"Sh! We have a problem," Jess's voice comes, with more urgency than before. She's at the top of the stairs, pressing her ear against the door.
You fall silent, but take off your jumper and wrap it around Newt as best as you can.
"They found Minho."
"What?" I murmur.
"Teresa saw him. Thomas is making up for it, saying he was just being overly worried and probably followed him to make sure everything was okay, but Teresa has asked them politely to leave. We're trapped down here too."
You look over at Newt and bite your lip worriedly.
He swallows, but doesn't look away from your gaze.

Yay! More 3rd person writing thing!
So this is the penultimate chapter of this Group Chat thing. I hope you enjoyed it , and I hope it's not too bad :)
Everything will be resolved in the next chapter............
QOTD: What's your glade job?
- Wolfie x