Chapter Eighteen

You cannot pay attention at all, and Jessica has to nudge you gently to get you to reply to the teacher when he calls your name in the register.
"What's up? You haven't spoken to me since you arrived." She asked worriedly.
"Newt. He didn't arrive back home last night." You murmur back, leaning your chin on the table and sighing.
Jess bites her lip. "I'm sure..." She begins but you interrupt.
"That he's fine, I know I know..." You sigh.
When Mr Cable got to Newts name, he repeated it twice before asking "has anyone seen him?"
Nobody had.
Hannah looked over her shoulder at you with a glare, like its your fault his missing.
You avoid her eye and stare at the table.
-*-*-*-*
At break time, Hannah walks over to you. "Hey, buddy!" She smiles warmly as the teacher exits the classroom. Then you find yourself surrounded by her gang.
"What did you do to him?" She asked coldly.
"Me?! I didn't do anything... You're the one who cheated on him," You protest.
"Leave Y/N alone!" Jessica shouts but she's held back by two of the girls as she struggles.
Hannah pushes you to the floor. "It's your fault he ran Y/N. You ruined everything."
Tears burn at your eyes, and you try to stand back up but then you feel a strong kick at your side which knocks you over to stare at the ceiling where Hannah is leaning over you.
"You don't belong here. Go back to England Y/N." She hissed and soon your being kicked by many feet.
Tears stream down your cheeks. You could fight back if you wanted. But their words burn into your memory, and you give up.
You can hear footsteps. More kicks. More pain. Jessica gasps, and so do the people holding onto her. Soon there are more and more people staring wordlessly at the door. Hannah's the last to notice. She keeps kicking you, you keep whimpering in pain.
Then a voice echoes throughout the whole room, causing a silence and Hannah to stop dead and spin around her eyes wide.
"That's enough." A very British sounding accent said.