Chapter Five

In science, you are allowed to choose your seats. You and Jess are the first ones to arrive so you grab some at the back. Then Newt came in, closely followed by his girlfriend. You found out her name was Hannah in maths. You wave at him, and he smiles and waves back. Hannah frowns and drags Newt to the other side of the classroom. You sigh.

"You know, someone should stand up to that Hannah." Jessica says thoughtfully.

"How?" You ask. "She seems pretty popular to me, she'd probably have the whole school hating on anybody who even tried."

"I don't know." Jess replies. "But you deserve Newtie more than she does."

A blush creeps to your face. "Jess, shut up," You murmur.

In science, the teacher (Mrs Clarks) talks loads about animal cells. She goes on and on.

Then a note comes. You quickly discover it had been passed around the class. You frown, and scan the words.

'My numbers 007700 900140. Text me.' It read.

You glance at Jess to see if she had read it, only to see she was asleep. Watching the teacher, you slowly pull your phone out of your bag and check it is on silent underneath the desk. Keeping the phone beneath the desk cautiously, you text the number.

'Who is this?'

'Guess.' Came the reply.

You look up for a minute. You see Newt is hiding something underneath the desk too, watching it. You smile.

'Is it possibly.... Newt?'

'How d'ya know?'

'You're the only other person staring at their lap. quite intensely, I might add.'

'Oh. Right.'

'Why'dya Want me to text you anyway?'

'Because this is boring, and whenever I try to talk to Han she just asks if she looks okay, or tries to get me to kiss her again.'

'Oh. Yuck.' You reply. He looked up and smiled at you. You smiled but wrinkled your nose too.

'Not really into that stuff are you.'

'What stuff?'

'Kissing.'

'I am, but I don't like when others kiss. It grosses me out.'

He texts back the laughing emoji.

'Shut uppppp!' You text back chuckling quietly.

'Anyway. Are you free Saturday?' Newts text came, and it makes your heart stop.

QOTD: Describe your crush in one word!!!
(Wanna know mine?)
(Okkk if you're sure)
(fictional)
(LUV U NEWT BE MY BAE)