Chapter Thirty

"What time does the party even start tomorrow?" You ask Jessica, walking beside her out of school.

"Eight. Have you got an outfit?" She answers.
"Uh... nope," You admit sheepishly, fiddling with a strand of your hair.
Jessica grins a little, "do you know what that means?"
"Not really?"
"Oh come on Y/N you're supposed to exclaim to the mall with me and it'd be a cool friendship moment," Jessica pouts.
"Oh, sorry.We could do it now I know?" You suggest.
"Nah, too late," Jessica pulls a face and elbows you gently, causing you to giggle a little. "Text your mum and tell her your gonna be late home because hun we are going shopping."
"Okay," You smile, pulling your phone out and beginning to text your mum before realising something and looking up at Jess. "I'm more used to shopping centre."
"Shh, mall sounds better than shopping centre," Jess rolls her eyes a little, and then links her arm around yours, "to the mall!"
You laugh and send the text to your mum, and the two of you get on a bus that'll take you exactly where you want to go.
"You know, I don't think I'll ever figure you out," You comment thoughtfully, watching out of the window.
"What'd you mean?" Jessica tilts her head.
"Your really sporty but then you love shopping and making sure I look good for dates and parties. I don't know whether you're a tomboy or a girly girl," You frown thoughtfully.
"I'm a bit of both," she grins.

"Where do you wanna start?" You ask, looking around at the many clothes shops around you.
Jessica smiles and leads you into one nearby that specifically sells amazing dresses, from designer to simple, most of which look quite expensive.
"Woah..." is your reaction to all of the racks.
Jessica glances at her, "what size clothes do you wear?"
You tell her, and she goes over to the racks of dresses for your size, immediately beginning to search through.
"What look do you wanna go for? Sexy or sweet?" Jessica questions, glancing over her shoulder at you.
"Uh..." You frown for a moment, and your hesitation seems to give her an answer.
"Lez try both. C'mon." With an armful of dresses she leads you to the changing rooms.
She has you trying on dresses and then going out and showing her all of them - it took quite a while as there were about twelve choices, which ranged from incredibly short to reaching your toes, from bright pink to black, from patterned to plain; There was even a yellow ball gown that looked a little like what Belle from Beauty and the Beast wore.
Eventually the two of you narrow it down to three dresses which all look equally amazing on you that you cannot decide between. One is a relatively short black dress that reaches to about half way down your thigh and is covered with bluey grey flowers to compliment the colour. The second is a purple dress with a heart shaped neckline that is knee high at the front and reaches down your legs at the back with beautiful studded white and purple gems at the top. The third and final one is a red dress that reaches your knees, has subtle frills at the bottom and has elegant laces at the back and at the top at the front. Jessica has now entered your changing room as you are back in your normal clothes, the two of you staring intently at the dresses as if they would give you the answer. Unfortunately, they don't tell you which one to pick.
Jessica sighs and looks at you, "no matter, I'll buy all three."
"But they're all so expensive! I don't want you wasting your money on me," you protest, trailing after her as she picks up the three, carrying them out and towards the till.
"One, it doesn't matter, my family is loaded. Two, it is not money wasted if you look so amazing in them."
With that, she uses her credit card and buys all three.

'Hey Y/N wuu2' You receive a text from Minho as you're walking out of the shop with a bag containing the dresses.
'Shopping with Jess' You text back.
'Ik lol look up from ur phone'
Frowning, you glance up and grin a little seeing Minho at the nearby milkshake shop, smirking at you playfully.
Jess glances at you and follows your gaze, noticing Minho, "do you think he's on his own?" She asks, beginning to walk over with you.
"No idea," you reply with a small shrug.
"Hiya," Minho nods to the two of you, glancing down curiously at the bag. "What's in there?"
"Dresses."
"Boring," Minho rolls his eyes. "Wanna grab lunch?"
"Yeah, sure," Jessica chips in to the conversation.
Thomas suddenly walks over, nodding to the two of you. It's the first time you notice Jess blush a little.
"Is Newt with you guys?" You ask hopefully, and sigh when Minho shakes his head.
"He's having to tutor his sister."
"Newt has a sister?!" You ask in surprise.
"Duh. Her name's Lizzy. You should know this if you're his girlfriend," Minho teases with a grin.
You elbow him, "shut up."
When you weren't looking, Thomas had managed to grab the bag out of your hands and now was holding out the three dresses, "woah. Are these for the party?"
"Hey!" You frown at him. As always, Thomas' curiosity got the better of him.
"They're awesome. That's my favourite," He decides nodding towards the black one with flowers on it.
"Seriously dude? The red one is the best," Minho rolls his eyes.
"Yeah, well, I think the purple one looks best," Jess argues.
"Are you kidding? The red one would look so damn fine on Y/N," Minho frowns at her.
"You should have seen her in the purple one! Honestly, boys have no dress sense," Jess answers folding her arms.
It was a playful argument, you could tell by the mischievous glint in Minho's eye and the slight grin on Jess' face.
"Guys, guys!" Thomas threw his hands up in the air dramatically. "This isn't a competition, they're just dresses. But if it was a competition, the black one would obviously win."
"Can't I choose for myself?" You raise an eyebrow.
"Fine, choose for yourself. Which one are you gonna wear to the dance, Y/N?" Jesse asks.
---------------
Hiya!
I don't have much to say down here except... leave a comment saying which one you like best!
Which dress, not person ;)