Chapter Eleven

First lesson seemed to take forever. Your nervousness, and plain fear of what the teacher may punish you with seemed to slow it down even more. Eventually break time came. You slowly trudge to Mr Cable's office. Jessica was walking alongside you, promising she would be right next to you the whole time. She squeezes your hand but you avoid her eye.

Your hand shaking, you knock on the door.

"Come In!" His voice replied sharply.

You turn the handle. And open the door. You step inside, closely followed by Jessica.

"Ahh. You." Mr Cable frowned. Then he notices Jessica. "Get out you silly girl. I didn't ask for you, did I."

"But..." She began.

"No buts. Out, or you receive detention."

Shooting me an apologetic look, she lowers her head and exits.

"Mr Cable, it wasn't me." You blurt out, not being able to help it. "She stole my phone and-"

"Do not speak unless spoken to."

You immediately silence.

"Besides, you are in enough trouble as it is, without making up silly little excuses," He adds sternly.

You blush and look at the floor. Suddenly there is another knock.

"Come in," he calls and Hannah walks in. Her cheeks were tear stained, or appear to be.

"Ah Hannah, are you feeling better?" He asks gently.

"Ye..s  I  th.. Think so." She mumbled and sat down on the chair opposite of him.

It didn't look real at all, and yet he was believing it. Teachers think they know everything but they are just so dumb.

"So Hannah. I thought, seeing as you were the victim of this..." Mr Cable began.

Who does he think he's kidding.

"I think it's only fair that you get to choose her punishment." He finishes.

Your mouth falls open. "You can't be serious!" If she had the chance she would have you expelled.

He just glares at you.

Hannah glances at you and smiles sadly.

"I think that she shouldn't be punished." Hannah murmurs. "Everyone deserves a second chance."

YOU KNEW IT, IT IS WORSE THAN... wait what did she just say?

"But Hannah, surely..." Mr Cable began to protest but Hannah shakes her head.

"I just want to look after her, and make sure she settles in okay." Hannah tells him.

Oh. Ohh. This was her plan.

"Of course my dear," Mr Cable was a little taken back. "The new students normally choose their help buddies, but just for this once you may be Y/Ns buddy."

"Great!" Hannah smiles at you.

"Excuse me for asking... Sir." You mumble.

Mr Cable turns to you.

"But what is a help buddy?"

Mr Cable smiles softly at you and Hannah. "They show you around the school, help you find classrooms, help you with homework that's due, help you with anything you need help with. They stay with you throughout the whole school day. I'm sure Hannah will be the best help buddy you can get!"

Things just got a whole lot worse.

QOTD: Favourite fandom ? (Sorry I know it is very difficult to choose)