Chapter Twenty-Two

You can only stare for a moment, but then you remember how to talk. "Hannah? What are you doing here?" You demand frowning.
Jess must have been eavesdropping because almost instantly she runs down the stairs. "Go away!" She hisses to Hannah but then your mum comes...
"Darling, whose this?" She asks looking at Hannah.
"This is..." You begin.
"Emily. It's ever so nice to meet you. Y/Ns told us so much about you!" Hannah beams and shakes her hand.
Jessica gets a text from her mum. She has to go. She gives me an apologetic look when her mum arrives and pulls her away.
Meanwhile... "Do come in." Your mother smiles at Hannah.
Oh no. your mum is inviting Hannah into your house!
YOUR MUM IS INVITING HANNAH INTO YOUR HOME.
This isn't good.
You just stand there watching silently as your mother starts a full on talk with your mum about makeup or something, or a boy band. You can't really concentrate properly.
"Go show Emily your room." Your mother orders with a smile.
"But.." You begin but she doesn't let you finish.
Hannah takes your hand and smiles. "This will be so much fun!" She smiles sweetly and practically drags you upstairs.
It will be for one of us you think grimly.
When the door is firmly closed Hannahs face practically darkens. You can see the anger in her eyes.
"How dare you?" She hisses and produces some scissors from her pocket. Her strong arms pin you down against the bed.
You struggle and struggle, but it seems to make no difference.
She starts cutting up your dress in random areas, making it look scruffy and awful. Then she cuts right across your top, and you feel tears in your eyes
"You have no chance with Newt. He's mine." She hisses, her eyes flaring like a wild rapid dog.
Fear has filled you as you struggle weakly against her, knowing you can't do anything. Hannah uses the scissors to literally cut off your hairdo, so your once wonderfully long hair falls to the ground leaving you with hair barely even reaching your neck.
She gives you a cruel, horrid smirk and then turns and walks out, and in the distance you hear the front door open and close.
At this point, you bury yourself under your blanket and sob.