I wrinkled my eyebrows together at the fact that she referred to this as a career. I mean, I wasn't knocking anyone's hustle, but was it really? I found myself questioning it as she rubbed her forehead in frustration before glacning down at the clipboard she held in her hands. She actually appeared relieved as she spoke.

"Mallorie, come show us how it's done."

I rolled my eyes as Mallorie smiled before dramatically strutting to the center. After choosing her song, she began to move to the beat.

T-Pain's Drankin' Patna' began to blast through the room as she began to dance with no hesitation. She walked around the pole a couple of times before beginning to climb it. I watched in amazement as she reached the top, and flipped over before spreading her legs. She then gripped the pole with one leg, hanging upside down. I couldn't lie....she was good at what she did. Probably one of the best, if not the best in the house. But that only motivated me more.

About a minute and a half into her routine, August walked in, followed by Black and Trim. He sat down on the love seat that faced directly across from the center pole. Despite the fact that we were barely on speaking terms, I couldn't ignore how good he looked. He adjusted the strings of his floral bucket hat, and sat back before gesturing one of the girls to come to him.

I watched as she quickly scurried over, bending down to his level. He whispered something to her and she nodded before scurrying off towards the hall. I continued to stare at him as he watched Mallorie dance. He appeared intrigued in what she was doing, slightly bobbing his head to the beat. I stiffened when his eyes suddenly met mine. My heart beat increased as we stared at eachother. After a while, he turned his head back to Mallorie, completely ignoring my presence. A couple of seconds later, the girl returned with a red solo cup, making sure to hand it to Aug with care. I didn't know what it was, but I was positive it wasn't water, or even just juice for that matter. August was a heavy drinker, so I knew it was probably some type of liquor of some sort.

I watched as he lifted the cup to his lips, taking a sip. Some of the liquid trailed down his plump lips as he pulled the cup away, and he immediately ran his tongue across them in order to catch it. I was so caught up in watching the sight that I hadn't realized that Mallorie's dance was over, and Tee had called my name. Trinity nudged me, snapping me out of my fantasizing.

I glanced around, noticing that everyone's eyes were now on me. Tee raised an eyebrow at me.

"You're up, Camille."

I slightly blushed in embarrassment before making my way to the center pole. After picking the song I was most comfortable with performing, I strutted to the pole, making sure not to put too much effort into it. Trey Songz' Foreign began to play as I sexily wound my hips to the intro.

As soon as Trey's voice interrupted the beat, I went to work.

She drop it, man she throw it, yeah she work it.

I went down into the splits, moving my ass with each break. I stood, before taking a deep breath and climbing the pole. I was surprised at how effortlessly i'd done it. I figured those pole dancing classes actually had come in handy. I gripped the pole, swinging around it.

My eyes came into contact with Trinity, who was smiling and giving me a slight thumbs up. Taking it as a good sign, I continued. As I dropped to my feet, I slightly wound my hips once again. Twerking to the beat, I was surprised to see August's eyes trained directly on me. He had abandoned his cup, and was leaned forward, with his elbows on his knees, although he still held a straight face.

I couldn't tell whether he was enjoying it, or mentally pointing out my flaws. As I climbed the pole once again, flipping, I heard his voice.

"Aye, cut that shit."

The music immediately ceased. I paused mid flip, confused.

"Ev'rybody get out."

No one wasted any time exiting the room. Mallorie shot me a side smirk as she waltzed out behind the others. As the room cleared, I flipped down off of the pole, landing on my feet. My right hand held the pole as August and I stared at eachother. I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.

"Was I doing something wr-"

He cut me off, leaning back into the couch. "Strip."

I narrowed my eyebrows together in confusion. "Excuse me?"

He nonchalantly took a previosuly rolled blunt from behind his ear, placing it between his plump, moist lips. "Take ya clothes off."

I hesitated, unsure. I tensed up when he swiftly stood, making his way to me.

In one swift movement, he unfastened my sports bra, letting it fall to the floor. Despite the fact that he'd already seen everything I had to offer, my hands immediately flew to my exposed breasts, covering them. He chuckled, retrieving a lighter from his pocket and lighting the weed stick between his lips.

"What are you doing?"

He inhaled, and spoke before exhaling the fumes from his nostrils and chuckling.

"You too fuckin tense. I detected dat shit as soon as you started dancin. If you nervous to dance in a room full of mothafuckas you know, how you expect to shake ya ass in a room full of strangas?"

I was quiet for a minute, because what he'd said made sense.

"On top of alla dat, you hesitated when I told ya to take ya shit off. You do realize dats what strippas do, right?"

He shook his head at me and exhaled.

I stood my ground, nonetheless. "It was just unexpected."

He nodded in a mocking manner before placing the blunt back to his lips.

"So you sayin it woulda been easier if you woulda knew it was gon happen?"

I nodded confidently. I was taken back when he put the blunt out before walking closer to me and bending down to my neck. I could smell that all too familiar smell of cologne and weed as our body heat me.

"Hustlin is all about expectin the unexpected, ma. You gotta be willin to take risks and shit."

I shivered as he began to place wet kisses on my neck. My body began to loosen up as he tugged at my spandex. Before I could fully register what was happening, he backed away.

"I want you to dance how you just reacted. You ain't know what the hell I was doin, but you was goin fa dat shit. Loosen up, and go wit da flow while you performin. Niggas ain't payin ta see no tense ass strippa."

I covered myself in embarrassment.

"Get dressed."

He tossed my bra at me before bending over, grabbing his cup, and walking out.