The kidnap of Dick Grayson

A/n

So I was looking for a picture of Jason and Dick to put in this chapter and when I search them I came across this. And I don't know why but I thought it was super funny and decided to use it. "I'm driving the bus now." 😂😂😂

Dick's POV

The drive to the manor felt like longest drive in my life. Well other then the first Bruce had brought me here. But that's another story entirely.

I called Bruce and he told me he will look into Barbara's kidnapping and that he will call the commissioner. Which I was thankful for. I didn't think I could ever face him again if something happened to Barbara.

I got out of the car and walked to the manor with Alfred who assured me Barbara would be fine. I hoped he was right. I thought of how Barbara always fussed over me every time I got kidnapped. And now I would do the same to her.

I climbed up the steps, the team has been practical useless on the case. Then again me and Barbara couldn't figure it out either. We went through every boy in school, and couldn't see how it could be any of them. Maybe Bats was right. Maybe the fact that we go to school and know everyone clouds our judgement.

I heard the steps of someone else in he hallway. I was being followed. I turned around but there was no one. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

But then I heard it again. I turned around and scanned the dark hallway but I didn't see anyone. I walked back in the directions I came peaking over the corner, still no one. I turned back around and saw someone dressed is white.

"Hey Dick." Jason said smiling and waving. I sighed I relief, "don't do that, you scared the crap out of me."

Jason laughed, "so how was hangout with Barbara?" "Ummm.. well." "Dick? Is that you?" Bruce said running up the stairs.

"Oh thank God your ok! When you called me and told me what happened at Barbara's, I come home as soon as I could!" He incased me in a hug and at first I was thankful for him to play along with the act. Then I realized he was hugging me a little too tightly for it to be all an act. He had actually worried about me.

"What happened?" Jason asked. "Burglaries broke into Barbara's house and kidnapped her," Bruce's explained to Jason releasing me from the hug but keeping a protective hand on my shoulder.

"What?! Is she ok?!" Jason asked and the sound of heart break in his voice hurt. "We don't know yet?"

"Do you know if Dick was also being targeted?" Jason said sounding panicked. "We don't know that either. I think it would be best though if he stays home from school tomorrow."

"Right, of course. All that matters is that he's safe." Jason said looking relieved. I hated having to keep secrets from him but I knew it was for the best.

"You should probably get to bed Jason. Me and Dick are going out to talk to the commissioner about what happened." Jason nodded. "Ok."

Bruce and I walked down the stairs and into the grandfather clock. "So where am I really going to be tomorrow?" I asked him when we get down to the cave.

"Robin will be joining the Young Justice team on there mission," he informed me. "You think that his might have something to do with the Court?" I had been thinking the same thing, but it seemed like a long shot at best.

"I do. After all it was the Court that attack you. Though I'm not sure what the connection is. Have you two done something to upset anyone at the school?" I though about Andrew, no way this could be him. I've felt him punch, nothing like on the Courts members.

"Not that I can think of," no point worry Bruce about Andrew now when he has so many other problems to deal with.

"What about Jason? If the school really isn't safe..." I couldn't bare the thought of something bad happening to Jason. Sure we just met a few months ago, but I already consider him family.

"I took care of it. The police should soon be receiving a letter threatening all of our lives. He'll stay here where it's safe," Bruce told me. Of course he was already thinking a step ahead.

"And when he realizes I'm not here?" "You will be kidnapped tonight on the way to the station," he told me. "Ah yes, of course," he really had thought of everything.

"I think it's time to change and go tell the team the plan. And then I will take care of your kidnapping."

Artemis's POV

"I can't believe we were wrong about Grayson. It just seemed so right. And now we've wasted a whole day following the wrong person." Wally said.

The zeta tube announced the arrive of Robin and Batman. "Great, now we get to get lectured by the dynamic duo about how bad we messed up." I sighed.

The two of them walked in, "I know, I know. We messed up," Wally said. They looked at each other confused. "You were right, okay. Grayson not the agent." I said.

I saw the corner of Batman's mouth flick, "you thought the spy was Richard Grayson?" Robin looked like he was holding back a laugh. "Guess I forgot to mention that to you," Robin said.

"Yeah but now we're realize how wrong we were," Wally said. "I can see why you might think Grayson. Smart, arrogant, a brat, much like Mr. Wayne." Batman's said it with such distaste.

"Just cause you not like Bruce Wayne doesn't mean you have to go hating on his ward," Robin said crossing his arms. Batman's frown deepened.

"Wait so if you didn't come you yell at us why are you here?" I asked. "I am assigning Robin to help you with the case," Batman informed us.

"Oh, what happened to his super secret case?" Wally asked. "Right now this case is top prior." "Bats you should go work on your case. About the commissioner daughter." Robin said. And it took me a moment to realize he was talking about Barbara. Batman nodded and ran out.

"Well are you going to say it?" Wally asked. "Say what?" Robin asked innocently. "You know, 'I told you Dick Grayson wasn't the spy.'" Wally said in a poor mock of Robin's voice.

"Seems I don't have to. You said it for me." Robin said a wry grin on his face. Wally just sighed.

"How did you know it wasn't Grayson anyway?" I asked, he had been so sure. Robin laughed. "Maybe I'll tell you some other day." He said walking out. "What's that supposed to mean?" Wally asked me. "Hell if I know."

A/n

Look at me keeping my promises and updating. Am so good. Though I should be studying for the psychology test I have tomorrow... oh well.

Well till next time I post. Which will hopefully be soon but who knows🤷‍♀️.

P.S.
It feels like forever since I've done a P.S. I think it's cause I always get off topic in them... like I am right now.

Any way so like I was about to post this chapter but I couldn't come up with a name for it so I've just been sitting here staring at this chapter for the past 10 minutes and still got nothing.

-5 minutes later-

Ha, so I came up with a title that will make all of you think Dick actually gets kidnapped cause like that's what I was alluding to in the last chapter.

Well now I can go study for my test. And by study I mean watch Bolt and go to sleep.