Barbara's house (part 1:the arrival)

A/n
Again I picked the picture cause it's super cute. And it's kinda related which is honestly as good as my picture get.

Dick's POV

I got back from the mountain and quickly changed. I was supposed to already be in the city on my way to Barbara's. I decided it would be quickest to take the zeta tube in the cave but then I ran into Jason.

"Hey Dick. Are you going out?" He asked me. "Yeah, I have to go give Barbara notes and her homework." "Ok I'll go tell Alfred to have him drive you." I forced myself to smile. "Thanks Jason."

Bruce took Jason in almost a month ago, but still hasn't told him about Batman and Robin. We have been trying to think of the best time to tell him.

Well now I had to take the long way into the city. I pulled out my phone texted Barbs, 'going to be a little late.' She texted back immediately, 'I expected nothing less from you.' I laughed.

"Master Dick the car is ready." Alfred called from the door way. I took one last look at the grandfather clock and sighed before running to the door way. Maybe I could have Alfred drop me off at one of the zeta tubes. But that hope was crushed too when I saw a bird fly into an invisible ship.

"Where to master Dick?" "Barbara's house." Alfred nodded and drove. I texted Barbara, 'we might have so unwanted attention.' I told her.

'How unwanted?' She asked, I explained the teams mission and how they thought I was the Court of Owls spy. She sent back the laughing crying emoji.

'I send you a wall of text and all you send me is a singular emoji?' I asked. She put an asterisk and sent three crying laughing emoji. I couldn't help but laugh.

A/n
Yeah I know I'm interrupting the story so I'll make it quick.. I don't know if it's normal or like grammatically correct, but after miss spelling something in a text, me and my friends always like send an asterisk (*) with the correct spelling of the word.  Like I said I don't know what most normal people do but I just wrote this in case you were wondering about that last paragraph. Now you many continue with the story. Assuming you guys don't just see the bold text and scroll past. If so, honestly me too.

Alfred putted up outside of her apartment complex and I waved to him before disappearing into the building. 'I'm coming up now.' I texted her.

'Ok give me a second I'm in bed and my dads working.' 'No, don't get up.' I sent quickly. Barbara has been sick for the past few days. 'Is the spare key still under the mat?' I asked. 'Yah.'

'Ok I'll us that.' I turned off my phone putting it in my pocket as I ran up the steps to her floor. I knew Wally was following me, and I reminded myself I had to act normal.

Wally's POV

When we got to Wayne Manor, Grayson was just stepping out the door getting into the car with his butler. Of course he has a butler. "Where is he going?" Megan asked. "Probably right to the head quarters of the Court." I said. As we started to follow.

He finally stopped outside and apartment complex near the heart of Gotham city. Though I guess for Gotham the area would be considered nice. He got of the car waving to his butler before stepping in.

"I'm going to follow him." I told the team "Shouldn't we all go?" Conner asked. "I'll just go see what he's up to and call you guys when he stops." They nodded and I got of the ship running after him.

By the time I got up he was already on the second stair case. Why did he take the stairs and not the elevator? He looked at his phone, texting as he ran up. It wasn't much longer till he stopped outside and apartment door.

He lift up the welcome mat and took the key taped under. What was he doing? Was he breaking into an apartment? To steal classified documents or something? My hopes of him being up to something sinister were crushed when he unlocked the door and said, "Hey, Barbs!"

I caught the door before it shut completely. And then called the team tell them the apartment number.

Dick's POV

When I got there I checked under their welcomed mat where the key was taped to the bottom. I pulled it off and unlocked the door.

"Hey Barbs!" I called so she would know it's me
and not some crazy murderous ninja that broke in. "Hey Dick," she called back. I moved through the apartment to her room.

"Milady, I have brought you your homework," I said pulling a folder out of my bag and setting in on her desk. "And I have brought you notes." I said pulling out the note book setting it on top of the folder. Before sitting down in her chair.

She laughed "thanks Dick." Then she cover her mouth as she started coughing. "How long ago did your dad leave?" "He's been out all day. Some new case he's working on."

"Have you eaten?" "Not since breakfast." "I'm going to make you some soup." I declared getting up from her chair.

"No Dick you don't have to. Really it's fine I can just heat up left overs." "No Barbs I insist." She laughed. "What did I ever do to deserve someone as good as you." I smiled, and she stood up from her bed.

"I'll put something on in the living room to watch." She said. I nodded and eyes the window knowing that Megan and Conner were just outside it, listening to every word we were saying. I still can't believe they actually think I'm the Courts secret agent. I mean I guess they aren't that far off, I do after all lead a double life.

A/n
Yay! Another chapter. I know I'm just awesome like that.

So I may or may not have writing the next chapter of this book and completely edited it, and then DELETED IT.  But you know I'm okay, I love rewriting stuff. 😂😂😭.

But seriously hopefully that next chapter is up show too. And until then!