Barbara's house (part 3: the crazy murderous ninjas)

Dick's POV

I really didn't want to be having this argument with Barbara right now. Especially not with the team lurking around in the shadows.

"Barbs you know exactly why Bruce can't know." I said hoping she would take the hint that Batman was not going to be happy to hear that his son- partner is getting bullied at school.

"I'm not going to be the kid that lets his rich foster dad solve all his problems." "Well then solve the problem Dick. Cause I'm so sick-" The nI heard the foot steps outside the door. That was most certainly not the team.

"Shh." I said cutting her off. "Dic-" "shh, listen." As soon as the word left my lip the front door crashed open.

I grabbed Barbara pulling her into the towel closet. "The soups still warm they can't be far away. I don't care if you have to turn is place upside down. Find them." That voice... I had heard it before. But where...

"I'll distract them. And you can leave through the fire escape." She told me shoving my phone in my hands.

"Like hell-" I started but she cut me off. "Dick it's my house. They are looking for me. Get out and call Bruce. I'll be right behind you. Okay?"

I reminded myself that the team was here. I couldn't help Barbara without looking like more of a suspect. So I simply nodded.

Then Barbs careful opened door and Barbara got out. She ran into the hallway and screamed. "What are you doing in this apartment?"

The men all ran in the direction. And I escaped down the fire escape. I turned back to see her fight the men. She would be fine, after all she's Batgirl.

I ran down the fire escape into the alley way. "Are you ok?" I forced myself to be calm, keep my cover. But I couldn't help feeling anger rise in me. Why weren't they helping Barbs.

"Your guys aren't one of the bats. What are you doing in Gotham?" I questioned "Well umm-" Wally said struggling for and explanation.

"Master Dick! Thank goodness your alright. I heard a fight break- where's Miss Gordon?" Alfred asked running into the alley, glancing over the team. I realized it was his first time ever seeing them in person.

"The group broke in and grabbed her," Megan said. She was Batgirl, she will be ok. I had to remind myself.

"We have to call the commissioner." I said to Alfred. I dreaded just the thought of that conversation. Telling him that I was over at the apartment and Barbara got kidnapped while I ran.

"Yes well you can do that on the way back to the manor. Who knows if those hooligans are going to come back." I nodded and followed Alfred out of the alley. Feeling the team staring back at us. Well hopefully if they hadn't already realized that idea what Dick Grayson is a member of the Court of Owls was completely ridiculous they would now.

A/n

This chapters a little short then most of the ones I post. But I'm going to be busy today and I wanted to post something so 🤷‍♀️.

P.S.
Just some random side story about my life...

😂😂😂 So I was like literally about to post this but I went to text my friend back first, and I happened to look up at my fan and...

I always sleep with the fan on, and right now I have a ballon in my room cause I was planing on sucking the helium out of it, so like I'm not sure what exactly happened... but I looked up to see that the ballon was wrapped in the fan. 😂😂😂😂

Well till next time I post something.