Barbara's house (part 2: Bruce Wayne can't cook)

Dick's POV

Barbara's apartment was set up so there was no wall between the kitchen and the living room. "So what do you want to watch?" Barbara asked flicking on the tv. I looked up from what I was cooking to see to see what was on the TV. It was a live news recording from the gala Bruce was at.

The camera zoomed in on Bruce, "and here is Gotham very own white knight." We laughed, I wonder what the people of Gotham would say if they found out their white knight and dark knight was one in he same person.

"On second thought I'm leaving it here," Barbara said. "Awe he looks so miserable." I joked. These events where people throw themselves at him was the only time he ever looked uncomfortable. Though it was the type that only people that knew him would notice.

"Oh, you should text him and tell him we are watching." Barbara said. I laughed, "ok." I said, pulling out my phone informing Bruce that me and Barbs were watching.

We watched a girl rest her hand on Bruce arm, He pulled back pointing out his phone. He looked down at it smiling and typed back. 'Call me.'

"What did he say?" "Barb asked. "He said call me," I responded. Bruce's eyes hovered at the camera ever so sightly. Barbara laughed and I called.

Artemis's POV

It was weird seeing Grayson and Gordon so casual. Normally hey acted so proper it was hard to remember that they were teens. "Why did he say?" Barbara asked Dick turning around on the couch so she could see him.

Dick made his way from the kitchen to the living, "he said call me." Dick called him and I watched as on the TV Bruce Wayne looked down at his phone in faking surprise and whispered something to the girl before answering.

Through the phone I heard, "Dick? Is everything alright? Whoa, whoa slow down! Let me get somewhere I can talk." Then he disappeared off camera. Dick and Barbara howled with laughter.

"Thank you Dick!" And I was surprised to hear so sincere he sounded. "Now you said your with Barbara? Tell her I say hello." I found it weird that Bruce didn't know where Dick was. And he didn't seem to care. I never expected Bruce Wayne to be a good parent to Dick, but it still thought that he would at least want to know where his ward was.

"Hey Bruce." Barbara said, grabbing the phone from Dick. "Sorry to hear that your sick. Dick mentioned that he would helping you get caught up on homework" and Barbara grinned. "Oh your'll be even happier to hear that Dick is making me soup right now."

Bruce laughed on the other line. "Hey! At least I know how to cook!" Dick said frowning. "I know how to cook." Bruce said through the phone. Dick and Barbara laughed. "I do." Bruce said.

"Bruce knowing how to cook and knowing how to burn food in an oven are two different things." Dick said. The three of them started to laugh, and I realized that Dick laugh sound so familiar. But I wasn't sure why.

"Now that was just hurtful. Why would I need to cook when I have Alfred?" "Because your a grown man that can't cook the simplest of food." Dick said going back to the kitchen.

"Oh, I remember that week Alfred was out of town and you almost set the manor on fire making eggs." Barbara said. "That was one tim-" Bruce started but Barbara cut him off, "and then when Alfred was mad at you and wouldn't make anymore cookies so you tried to make some." "Those where that bad-" "cookies aren't supposed to be black and break your teeth when you try and eat them." Barbara said. I felt myself smile at bit at that remember the first few batches of Megan's cookies.

"And who can forget the time he burnt oatmeal," Dick said from the kitchen. "Fine, I confess. I can't cook. But I do make a really mean peanut butter and jelly sandwich." I had to cover my mouth with my hand to stop from laughing. Gotham's number one bachelor, master of the PB and J.

"Oh, Bruce my dad's working on a new case." Barbara said. "Really? Anything interesting." "String of murders. All the victims are ex-gang bangers." "Well Gotham always has some sort of murder spree going on." Bruce said.

Honestly though, where was the lie? Why does anyone live in this city. Then I remember I live in Gotham. But like still I spent most of the time now at the mountain.

Barbara held the phone to her ear muffling the sound so I couldn't hear it. "Ok, yeah. I'll tell him. Bye Bruce." Barbara said setting down the phone.

"Ok, so Bruce is going to us you as an excuse to leave the party." It surprised me to hear that billionaire Bruce Wayne would want and excuse to leave a party. Didn't he love parties?

"I would be mad at someone exploiting me like that. But like I can't blame him. Those parties are torture." Barbara laughed, "just a way for those people to flash their money around. Oh I simply can't be caught dead that 20 karat necklace. I would simple die." Barbara said in a mock of a snobby girl.

Dick laughed, "it's sad how that's definitely something I have heard at one of those. Bless Bruce's soul for being able to put up with those people. Oh by the way the soups done." He said pouring a bowl for her.

"So anything interesting happened at school?" I instantly thought about Andrew beating him up. "No, not really. Oh, we got a group of new students."

"Really?" She said. "Yeah, one girl three boys." Dick told her opening a drawer and grabbing a spoon.

"Anything else?" Barbara asked. "Nope." Dick said poping the p. "Really cause that's not what I heard from Jason," she said matter a factly and Dick's face went deadly straight.

"That little rat when I-" he started but was cut off by Barbara. "He told me what happened with Andrew. Why didn't you meantion it." Dick looked at my feet, he was embarrassed. Then again I would be embarrassed too if I got my butt kicked by a bunch of prep boys.

"I didn't want to worry you when you were sick," and I got that strange feeling again of Dick reminding me of someone.

"D, you can't let them do that to you," She said stand up from the couch. Dick's phone still in her hand.

"Barbs it's fine, really." He said. And gave her a look as if asking to have this argument later.

"No, we are talking about this now. Dick if you don't start doing something I'm going to tell Bruce." "Noooo." he protested. I found it a little surprising that he hadn't already told Bruce.

"Yes!" She Said. "Barbs you know exactly why Bruce can't know. I'm not going to be the kid that lets his rich foster dad solve all his problems." I realize that it was the first time I ever heard Dick refer to Bruce as his dad.

"Well then solve the problem Dick. Cause I'm so sick-" "shh." Dick said pulling a finger to his lip. His eyes glanced around the apartment.

"Dic-" "shh, listen." as soon as he said it I heard the sound of the front door burst open.

A/n
Duh, duh, duh! Look at me being good and actually updating. I'll hopefully update the next part in a couple of days.

Honestly I tried so hard to find a picture that would match this chapter, like I no joked looked for 40 minutes. Eventually I gave up, cause I'm lazy.

ALSO THE DC UNIVERSE HAS FINALLY LAUNCHED! So I have started rewatching Young Justice. Can't wait for the new season.

Ok well till next time I update.