Chapter 22- Awhile

Chapter 22
Awhile

Disclaimer: I do NOT own My Hero Academia, or its characters. I DO however, own my OCs and my story.

.:+:.

... Damn... It...

.:+:.

His stomach flipped though, realizing in near the next instant he had made a huge mistake- his eyes leaving Kine.

Time slowed down as he saw the air shimmer, felt the pressure rise, pale white shinning as Kine raised his hand in his direction- the Quirk already firing off a small, high-pitched, wailing blast that was headed straight for him.

Damn it... His hopes lift in that single instant seeing All Might, but still... He still fucking knew-

His heart plummeted into his feet, his stomach knotted and doing a complete flip as he saw her suddenly there in front of him, their eyes locking for a brief, fleeting instant. She'd moved, rushed to step in front of him- she did it because she felt the bad coming, the bad and the danger and she knew he was in trouble, and she didn't hesitate.

He was frozen, his world suddenly tipping on its head and eyes wide as terror passed over his face. True, utter terror.

He saw the blood rise up around her, heard her skin, muscle and bone snap with a sickening, wet crunch as Kine's Quirk made contact with the center of her back, blasting a hole through her body with ease. She was so quiet, she never made a sound- mercy or luck or whatever, she couldn't feel pain.

He stood there, riveted, and in that instant- he felt something in him just... Break.

Dead... in an... instant...

.:+:.

He jolted out of the dream, panting and heart racing madly in his chest. It took him a few, fleeting seconds filled with confusion and dread before he realized where he was and what was going on, and that he wasn't right in the middle of that wretched place again.

He hissed, rolling over onto his back and pressing his palms against his eyes, the (newly acquired, as per the moving in to the new facilities on Campus...) room around him dim and dark, the curtains drawn across the window and silent apart from his breathing.

He forced a long, slow breath to get his body and his heart to relax again, but his stomach stayed knotted and twisted no matter what he wanted, or how much he willed it not to be.

Damn it... it had been a long time since a dream had jolted him awake like that, made him feel...

...panic

He growled a small curse under his breath, his hands moving from his face and attention shifting sideways toward the slight shimmer of light reflecting off the screen of his phone on the nightstand. He reached out and grabbed it, the brightness stinging his eyes in the dark of the room around him and taking a moment to let them adjust... it was 6:34.

It wasn't really the time that caught his eye though, there was a notification for a message and he blinked, eyes narrowing.

New Message from: Aneko (4 unread)
I'm sorry Shota

He sat straight up in bed, a heavy bead of sweat falling down his jaw, and he felt his heart sink for absolutely no reason he understood. He unlocked the phone at breakneck speed, the messages pulling up as he read them over in rapidity.