Chapter 28- Want

Chapter 28
Want

Disclaimer: I do NOT own My Hero Academia, or its characters. I DO however, own my OCs and my story.

.:+:.

Perilous

.:+:.

"... I think... I need to make this clear, Shota." She murmured quietly, her hold on his wrist so light and yet so firm all at once. "... You don't owe me anything... You don't have anything to make up for either... I know... Despite what you might say on the matter, or act... I know what happened was awful for you... I know it... Bothers you worse now... Since... You know what happened after... With Simon... And... S... Surge... tch... And I know... you don't like letting people know it... But you do care... I know you hate this... I know it's painful... And I'm so sorry... But..." She paused, her hold on his shirt and his wrist got a little tighter.

"... Even with what happened... With Simon... The last ten years... Surge... And dying... I don't regret it. I never have, not once... I have never regretted saving you. Never."

He felt his heart skip another beat, his eyes widening as his breath stalled completely.

"... None of it has ever made me regret saving you... I never regretted it, and I still don't... I will never regret it... To me, you are worth dying for, I knew that... If I could protect you... It was worth it."

His eyes fell closed, his shoulders sagging as he held his breath a little longer, his soul absolutely ached at the words... Ached so terribly it felt like he was getting ripped in two.

For someone who didn't 'get' what they felt anymore, her words were so damn genuine, and honest, and firm...

She meant it, and it hurt.

How... How could she mean that...? After everything she had been through...?

.:+:.

Kesu nudged his nose against her shoulder lightly as she lay in the bed, her eyes fixed on the ceiling and having been that way for a number of hours now as everything went so, so quiet. It was late, probably close to some 4 in the morning (so early, perhaps in your perspective) and she had been laying there since 11 or so. Unsurprisingly, sleep had stayed far far out of her reach and she didn't mind- she didn't feel tired in anyway, she was just... Quiet.

She'd been silent since placing herself on the bed upon first walking in, and leaving Shota behind as he dropped her off at her door and headed to his with little a word. They hadn't said anything more to one another following first walking in the building, and her telling him she didn't regret what she did. To be honest they said little other than goodbye and 'I'll see you tomorrow morning'... But it wasn't tense, not like it had been.

She shifted for the first time in a long while when Kesu nudged her, his yellow eyes glinting in the dim of the room and gazing at her intently. He'd been watching her for quite some time, content to let her be in her own head until the want to know what was going through it outweighed his patience.

Her hand fell gently on Kesu's head as she rubbed at his ears, he purred that gravelly purr of his and Izaru let out a breath. "... Sorry... I didn't mean to drift off like that..." She mumbled quietly, "... I was just... Thinking..." She trailed off a bit as her fingers slowed, her eyes flashed as inevitably her mind when right back to where it had been.