Ch.11 || The Dinner

Y/N's POV

This week has gone by really fast, I didn't even have to work yesterday since I had an appointment - at my apartment - with Dr.Jang. Once I had told him about what happened the past week, to say he was mad is an understatement. He was pissed.

When Dr.Jang arrived yesterday, I was really nervous. I wasn't sure how he would react when I told him how the week has been and all the events that had happened. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be good though. I was also curious about how the 'finding a cure' research was going. I wanted to know if I had a chance in real life. A life that I would be able to live normally. That would truly make me happy.

As usual, Dr.Jang did his regular check-ups to see if my symptoms have changed, sadly nothing got better, it was all the same. After he was done taking blood samples and such, that's when the conversation started.

"How have you been Y/N?"

Those were the first words that came out of his mouth before everything went to shit.

"Y/N! You could've gotten yourself killed! And now you're trying to work at a public job?! Why are you putting yourself in danger? This is why you should quit the job and stay here like you used to!"

What he said upset me, I didn't like the way I was 'living' before. I like the way things are now, at least I can pretend to be normal. So I spoke my mind.

"I don't like just sitting around at home! Yeah maybe I am being stupid and putting myself in danger, but I'm starting to become happier now. I have friends, and a job - that is really exhausting and boring - but yet I still love it cause I'm not stuck here relying on you to figure out something THAT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN! THERE IS NO CURE AND THERE NEVER WILL BE SO STOP TRYING AND LET ME LIVE THE WAY I WANT TOO!"

It was really intense. All those feelings I had buried in my heart for years, never letting them out, I got carried away. I felt better after I said it though. It felt as if a huge weight that I didn't know I was carrying, was lifted off my shoulders. I felt light. But I was still hurting. It hurt me to finally understand, I was going to live like this for the rest of my life and I need to accept it. I'm going to live life the best I can until I can no more. It was time that I gave up, and that's exactly what I did.

"Please Dr.Jang, it's over now. I'm done trying, I'm done spending my days in this apartment, I'm ready to live. I'm ready to try new things. I'm going to take risks. I'm not going to die one day and not have done anything in my life. It's time for me to let go of the past and focus on the future. My future."

Dr.Jang just left after that. He didn't say anything to me. No goodbye, no see you later, nothing. It left me feeling guilty for yelling at him, but what was said, was said. I had to say it, I just had to and I'm glad I did.

I'm ready to make the rest of my life the best, but with a little help from my friends. I can't believe it but, I'm actually glad that the whole thing with Yoongi happened that day at the store. If it wasn't for that, I would probably live the rest of my life as a lonely cat lady with nothing left to live for. That is definitely not how I want to live, so I'm thankful for my new friends.

And I guess Yoongi.

I'm going to start my new great life with going to Jin's tonight for dinner. I was invited over for dinner Wednesday and I've been looking forward to since.

I pick up my phone, checking the time.

5:30, I better start getting ready.

Yoongi's POV (at Jin's place)