Country Mama

"It's warm." Liam complained when he got out of the car. This is the children's first time in America. Now they are in the country side which is so hot even DeAnn felt like she was going to die of the heat.

"I know honey. I'll give you some water once we get into the house." She said walking up the porch steps with the kids.

"Are you okay?" Mike asked.

"How did you live with the amount of heat all these years. How do your parents live like this still." Now it was DeAnn's time to complain. The last time they where in Checotah was during winter but now it's summer and it was a whole different ballgame.

"You get use to it after awhile." He shrugged like it was nothing. Which to him it probably wasn't. "I'm sure my parents have the air-conditioning on. Unless they are outside."

"Let's hope they're not." She said walking through the door that Mike held open for her and the kids.

"Your house is even warmer Daddy." Chyler complained whipping away the sweat from her face.

"My parents are probably outside." He replied unimpressed with their complaining. He however knew he couldn't blame them they're not used to this heat.

"Look who's here!" Gema Mike's mother exclaimed running up to them she pulled them into a hug before pulling away.

"Let me guess Rosalie, Liam and Chyler." She names each of the children. They giggled and nob. "You look so much taller in really life then on the phone."

"You look so much prettier in real life then you do on the phone." Liam cheekily replied.

"Oh don't make an old lady blush." Gema laugh.

"If your old I don't want to know what you looks like." He replied back.

"You're raising a charmer. The girls ain't goin' to know what hit 'em." She told DeAnn and Mike.

"Don't remind me." DeAnn replied.

"I made lemonade who would like some?"

"Yes please." The kids replied at the same time.

"And they have manners." She grin rushing the kids over to the table with the lemonade.

"Now that she's busy with them that gives me time to greet you properly." Jonathan Mike's father said. "You know when your mother talks she never stop."

"Dad." Mike laugh.

"It's true everyone knows it. That three kids will know it soon."  The three laughed because it was true when Gema talks there is no getting her to stop but that's what everyone loves about her. Even the Queen loves it. So why would they complain?