#24 - By the Beach

Start from the beginning

"Will wouldn't let him shadowtravel," Piper informed Percy.

"He really is a significant annoyance," he heard Nico mutter.

Piper waved a dismissive hand impatiently. "But we're now one groomsmen short, so I'm going to need you, Jason, to get the food organised instead. And Percy, you're going to join the receiving line so they can keep an eye on you."

Percy paled slightly. "What?"

Piper rolled her eyes. "Oh, come on. You've fought Kronos and Gaia."

"This is so much worse," Percy groaned.

Piper quickly ushered them out and sent Nico off to Aphrodite's cabin to be patched up.

"I left the caterers with Leo," Piper told Jason, pointing in the direction of the beach. "So hopefully he hasn't annoyed them into leaving."

"Don't leave me," Percy whimpered, but Jason gave him an encouraging thumbs-up and followed Piper's orders. 

"You need to go over there," Piper instructed Percy, directing him to where his parents were stood with Grover, Thalia and Chiron at the camp entrance.

"Hey," Sally whispered to Percy. "How are you doing?"

Percy winced. "It could be worse."

Another group of guests traipsed in, less familiar to Percy this time, but he instantly recognised them.

"Percy!" the girl with the colourful hair cheered as she rushed over to high-five him.

"Hey, Sadie," Percy chuckled as he happily obliged.

On her left arm was a man with dark hair and a tanned complexion. Percy assumed he was Walt, hosting Anubis, the Egyptian god of death. Percy suddenly realised that Greek and Egyptian gods at their wedding might cause a problem.

"Hey, Carter," Percy gave Sadie's brother a one-sided hug and waved to the girl at his side, whom Carter later introduced as Zia, his girlfriend.

"Where's Annabeth?" Sadie asked excitedly. "I haven't seen her in ages!"

Percy gestured back to the Aphrodite cabin. "She's getting ready. Can't see the bride before the wedding."

"I'm gonna pop by and say hi," Sadie informed in, dragging Anubis off. Carter and Zia made their way to the beach and took their seats.

Percy turned around to see Piper panting as she rushed up to him.

"How's it going?" Percy teased.

Piper glared at him. "Hey, this is your wedding. Why am I so stressed?"

"Because you're the most organised person among us," Percy told her.

Piper groaned. "You're right." She huffed and read over her clipboard again. "You know, people just don't understand what RSVP means. 30 Hunters and Artemis arrived today with zero notice at all!"

Percy glanced to the beach, where the group of immortal teenage girls were huddled in an uncomfortable group. Artemis, on the other hand, was very friendly and was chatting with the other guests. Percy silently prayed she wouldn't scare away his mortal friends.