#18 - Gold and White

ابدأ من البداية

Percy discreetly exchanged glances with Frank. They were thinking the same things; how could they tell their already depressed friends that they were moving out?

Frank took a deep breath. "Okay, I'm just going to get this over with." He ignored Percy's frantic head shakes. "Hazel and I are moving in together after the wedding."

Jason blinked, stunned. Then he grinned. "Frank! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!"

Leo high-dived Frank. He paused. "Wait, if you're moving in with Hazel, that means you're moving...out?" He ended it as a question, like he didn't quite understand. "Are you moving out?"

Frank swallowed. "Um, yeah."

Silence filled the room.

Percy's face was crumpled with nervousness. "Leo? Jason? You guys okay?"

"Moving...out?" Jason echoed, like he didn't quite understand.

Frank scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "I'm sorry to spring it on you so suddenly," he said apologetically.

Leo sniffled. "But only three of us in the apartment?"

Frank shot Percy a look, like 'it's your problem now'.

Percy glanced at his friends agonisingly. "Actually, two. Annabeth and I are going to live together."

He winced as the room was plunged into quiet again.

Their flat was never quiet.

"Y-you're moving out too?" Leo asked, his voice trembling slightly.

"Just five minutes away," Percy promised. "I'll still see you guys everyday."

"But...it's like the end of an era," Jason croaked.

Percy shot Frank a petrified look. "Uh, maybe we should watch a movie?"

The door to the apartment slammed open, and the girls walked in, swapping stories and laughing.

"Are you crying?" Hazel asked Leo in concern.

"It's just really hot in here," Leo said, his voice cracking. "My eyes are sweating."

Hazel glanced between them. "I assume Frank told you he's moving out?"

"It's the end of an era!" Jason was so upset lightning crackled between his fingers.

Piper approached him tentatively and kissed him on the forehead.

"And Percy too!" Jason wailed.

"Okay, calm down," Piper told him in alarm.

"We'll come over everyday," Annabeth reassured him.

"It's not the same," Leo complained. "We won't be able to get up at midnight and have deep talks."

Percy looked at him weirdly. "When have we ever done that?"

Annabeth laughed and sat down on Percy's lap. "We'll even give you guys a key so you can come over anytime," she promised.

Leo cheered up a bit after that.

"You'll regret that later," Percy whispered into her ear.

Annabeth leaned over. "I was lying."

<<< October >>>

"How does this one look?" Hazel twirled, showing off the wedding dress she was trying on.