Chapter 4: Orange Mask

KIA Stone <D:2>

A stone carved with all of the names of the fallen ninja that died for the leaf. Each person on here is claimed as a Hero. This stone dates back to the first Hokage as a memorial for all who fell in battle.

+ 4 REP with anyone who sees you reading it.

+ 1 INT

Yomei looked at the KIA stone with distraught eyes. He scanned through the many names engraved on the rock, stopping once he read three names; Rin Nohara, Obito Uchiha and Minato Namikaze. He still couldn't believe the fact the Obito was still alive and wandering in this world and no one had a clue about it. Yomei briefly wondered if Obito was around this field, watching him as he stared at his name.

<Skill level up>

Gamers eye- <D:2> {lvl:78}
If you focus on a certain object this skill allows you to learn details about it. The more you use this skill the more information it shows you.

Success rate: 100%

Yomei shook his head at that thought, a small smile coming on his face. Ever since he skipped a year two years ago he had this thoughtful aura around him. Yomei briefly pondered on the thought of being a prodigy. Could he count himself as a prodigy or was that just him being arrogant?

Yomei could understand how Kakashi and Itachi felt now. He understood the amount of pressure on them at the time the of war, weighing them down as they went into battle in Konoha's name. That's really all ninja are now, mindless tools used for battle, some as dispatchable as a kunai and some as important as a seal.

Yomei touched Obito's name and left his finger hovering above it. If he entered this game earlier would he have been good friends with him? Would Obito even look his way or would Obito end up as half blind as he is now. Yomei shook his head in amusement at his own antics. Even he couldn't understand what he was saying sometimes.

Yomei felt a lone chakra signal enter his range, the figure slowly coming to a halt beside him. Yomei looked to his left where the person was, not at all shocked at who he saw. Kakashi looked down at the KIA stone, his gaze centring in on three names such as his own gaze had been moments before.

Kaksashi looked at Yomei out of the corner of his eye, pulling out the famed Icha Icha book. Kakashi shook his head as soon as he noticed who it was. He recognised the face as Yomei's, he was used to the Hokage bringing up his name in discussions. Apparently there hasn't been someone someone as prodigious as Yomei since Itachi, and that's exactly why they were keeping wary albeit hopeful eyes trained on him.

Kakashi mused to himself with a small smirk. At least he didn't have any clans to kill. "Here to see someone?" Kakashi drawled out slowly, not bothering with reading the book. By now he already scanned through the page five times, but no matter how many times he read it the information would never sink in.

Yomei looked over at Kakashi who was peering at him from over his book. Yomei slowly turned back to face the KIA stone with a long sigh. "Not really, I don't have a family to begin with. I just came here to see all the hero's names that have been long forgotten. Can you imagine being one of the best shinobi in the world but as soon as you die no one comes to see you? I find it a bit harsh. And since I have no family to speak of I'm doing their job for them."

Kakashi nodded his head slowly. He understands the feeling, nobody comes to visit Rin's or Obito's graves anymore. He started to notice the increase of flowers on their graves but never bothered to look into it. It seems as if he found his culprit confessing to his own deeds red handed. "Maa maa, I wouldn't go around flinging words so carelessly. People get very offended in this village if you say something to them they don't want to hear."