Chapter 1: Welcome to Naruto

WELCOME TO NARUTO

A place that has ninjas, chakra and seals to use at your bidding. This is the place where you can fulfil your wildest dreams of becoming the best (or worst) ninja in the world, or even in the existence of Naruto. Your presence of being here will alter things, no matter how big or small. Your physical body is connected to your in-game body making it a more personal experience. This is your chance to become the famed ninja you always wanted to be.

Now, let's get started. What is your name?

Name: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ <max 9 letters>

The person peered around the dark, blank and distinctively cold dimensional space around them. The cold couldn't only be described as temperature, the unbounded loneliness added to the icy feeling of the area surrounding them, sending unwelcome shivers down the unknown persons spine. It was then that they suddenly realised- they didn't know where they were or who they were, so a question like this was a tad bit unnecessary considering they didn't even know their name.

The person lingered on the topic of their 'amnesia' a big longer, wondering how their brain functioned with colourful words bursting from their tongue and yet not a single rainbow sprinkled word could gift them with tranquil.

Granted, they could remember what Earth was like and what their favourite anime show was and all, but Naruto certainly wasn't it. It was Owari No Seraph actually, but they remembered watching the whole Naruto series just to keep up a conversation with their friends. Looking back at it they found it a very pathetic excuse to continue watching something they didn't necessarily like, but the show itself was decent enough albeit the main character being the exact carbon copy of other shounen type main characters.

Although, thinking about it now in more depth they could remember the conversations held with their friends about who should have died and who should have continued on living in the turbulent show (though they had a distinct dislike of the character of the third hokage due to his incompetence in certain areas shown later in the show). But for some reason, despite their knowledge of previous conversations, their memories keep blanking out on vital information; their name, where they live, why they look like, who they are.

It was then they concluded with a muddled heart that this game wants them to turn over a new leaf, the game wants them to start over. Completely. They felt unwilling deep down in their major artery, they hadn't asked to be here in this empty, philosophical space... did they?

It was then that they finally snapped back into reality (or what was left of it), finally typing in a name, thinking throughly about the meaning before they typed it in. After all, it is going to be the only name they gets in this new life of theirs- and he wasn't too fond of being called after a rat or something of the likes.

Welcome, Yomei. Now we must ask you, are you a boy or a girl?

Yomei steeled their resolve, concluding that the only way they would be able to discover what happened to them, who they were was to acquiesce to the systems demands. They reread the question once more and thought about this for a second, ultimately it could be this choice that would lead to his survival or death.

If they were a girl there was a better chance at controlling chakra, but boys could have excellent chakra control too, they briefly referenced Haku and his amazing disposition before explicitly pondering on which gender they should be. They centered in on their thoughts and tapped the one that would (hopefully) result in him living long enough to discover his blurred memories.