Fear is building up more and more. You have to tell him. You can't hold it in and wait. He'd be even more upset if you didn't tell him now.

"Mantis, can you come here please?" You ask loudly as you look at Peter.

He looks confused.

"You okay?" Peter asks as Mantis walks in.

"Mhm." You nod as Mantis walks to you.

"Touch his shoulder." You command.

She looks confused as well but does as you say. She is making the same face as Peter. You take in a deep breath.

"Peter, we have to talk about something very important." You say as you fold your arms over your chest.

Peter looks calm and collected, but mantis looks afraid. She's showing you his real emotions so he can't fake them when you tell him the news.

"Oh uh okay. What about?" He asks as he mirrors you and folds his arms over his chest.

"Sometimes when we sit in bed and talk about our future and talk about kids-" you take in a deep breath. "Would you, I don't know... actually want one?" You beat around the bush.

His jaw drops a bit. "I-um-yeah actually." He says with a small smile.

You look at Mantis. She's smiling as well. This could go well.

"That's good because..." you trail off and then look at your feet.

"(Y/n)?" He questions, causing you to look up at him.

Mantis looks confused again.

"Peter, I'm...I'm pregnant." You finally spit it out.

Peter's eyebrows raise in surprise and his jaw drops. Mantis smiles brightly and then a tear of joy falls from her eye.

"Really?" He asks as he puts his hands on your shoulders.

"Yeah." You say with a smile.

"(Y/n), this is great!" He picks you up and spins you around.

You laugh a bit at his excitement. Mantis leaves the room with a smile on her face.

"You're gonna be a mom! I'm gonna be a dad." He pauses and smiles wide. "I'm gonna be a dad!" He says happily as he puts his hands on your face.

"God I love you." He kisses you passionately and then runs out of the cockpit.

"I'm gonna be a dad!" Peter yells throughout the ship.

You laugh at the big goofball. You feel actual happiness as you smile.

"Rocket, I'm gonna be a dad!" Peter yells happily.

"Drax, Gamora, I'm gonna be a dad!" He yells some more.

You love that man so damn much. Rocket walks in and puts his weapon down. He looks up at you.

"So, Quill's gonna be a dad, huh?" Rocket asks and you chuckle.

"Yeah, he's super excited." You say as Rocket takes a seat in his piloting chair.

You sit down in Peter's and look at your best friend.

"Really? I couldn't tell." Rocket says, causing you both to chuckle.

You look down at your hands. Your happy face turns into a saddened one.

"What's wrong? Aren't you happy?" Rocket asks.

"Of course I am. I-" you sigh. "We can't raise a baby on this ship. It's too dangerous. Especially being a Guardian." You explain as tears sting your eyes.

"What are you saying?" Rocket asks as he sits up straighter.

You look up at you best friend.

"Rocket, I- I can't stay on the ship. I'm gonna have to resign from being a Guardian." You explain as a tear falls from your eye.

You love being a Guardian. You love being in space. Your child would be much safer on earth. Rocket looks down at his paws.

"Oh." Is all he says.

"It's just too dangerous, Rocket. I-" he cuts you off.

"You don't have to justify yourself, Stark. I understand. You're doing what's best for the kid." He says as he looks up at you.

You hug Rocket tightly. "You can always visit." You say and then let him go.

"I will, but what about Quill? Is he going with you or will he have to visit too?" Rocket asks.

"It's up to him. I'd love to have him by my side, but he's a Guardian." You explain.

———————————————————————————

IM SORRY ABOUT MAKING THE READER TONY'S LITTLE SISTER AGAIN. I JAIT LOVE THE IDEA AND IDK WHY SO JUST GO WITH IT 😂