Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

Nodding my head, I rounded the car and got into the drivers side. Turning the key in the ignition, I did it several times listening to it trying to turn over, but still, nothing.

Getting back out of the car, I stopped at the side of the car to see Vince peering in.

"You're right, it's definitely not the battery. I don't know aye, could be spark plug, may be the fuel isn't getting to the injectors, fuck knows." Vince frowned.

"Yeah I'm not sure Vince." I shook my head. "It hasn't played up since it got fixed up. So it could be anything." I murmured.

"One thing is for sure, we need a mechanic to look at it." Vince took a step back and looked over to me. "And I don't know how we're gonna do that, we can't fucking call them."

"We will just have to try and get a lift to the mechanics. Tell them where the car is and they should be able to come back and tow it." I replied staring up the road.

"Is that really a good idea? Might be some fucking creep who picks us up." Vince crossed his arms over his chest.

"It's okay, you'll protect me, right?" I laughed, battering my eyelashes.

"Nah Sue, you're on your own. I'm getting my ass out of their before you can say fucking Sydney." Vince winked.

"Oh, my hero." I rolled my eyes. "We'll be alright, I've hitch-hiked in much worse places." I murmured.

"Oh yeah, that's right!" Vince laughed. "You and Axl, that was pretty funny."

"For you guys maybe, for us, fucking hell. But I suppose, somehow that day Axl and I were for once on the same wave-length." I smiled. "I'm glad I wasn't stuck with you, you would be bitched more." I teased poking my tongue out.

"Ha-ha Sue." Vince rolled his eyes.

"Come on, let's try and get a lift." I beckoned, nodding towards the road where cars were coming and going.

With Vince by my side, we stood at the edge of the road, trying to wave cars down. But unfortunately we weren't successful. Not one bit.

"Maybe you're holding your tongue the wrong way." I smirked, looking over to Vince.

"Shut up, baby. You're killing my groove. Take a step back and watch and learn." Vince shrugged his shoulders with quite a pleased expression.

"Alright then hotshot, you try." I rolled my eyes and walked back down towards the car.

Leaning against the car, I crossed my arms over my chest and waited, watching Vince work his magic.

Within minutes a little bronze Nissan Datsun pulled over. On both the front and back the car had 'L' plates, (Learner plates) and on the side of the car read 'Learner Driving Training'.

"Check this out, Sue. Betcha couldn't do that." Vince smirked, yelling back to me.

"Vince, it's a driving school car. It's gonna be like a 16 year old you know." I yelled back, a very amused smile plastered across my face.

"Bullshit." Vince shook his head, before beckoning me over.

Walking up to the road where Vince stood, I watched as the window to the car rolled down. Inside was a young girl and what looked to be her trainer. He didn't look very pleased, not one bit.

"Vince, she's only a kid." I murmured quietly.

"Oh my god! It's Vince Neil! From Mötley fucking Crüe!" The girl shrieked loud, loud enough it had the trainer, Vince and myself cringing.