Ch 20 Epilogue

The story is complete now. I hope for my first story, you all found it enjoyable.

%%%%%%%%%%

2 Years Later

Soph's POV

A lot has happened in the course of two years. First of all, two months after Damon's father visited him, he died. Damon and I went to his funeral. His dad had a lot of friends. I got to meet some of Damon's other family members. Like all families, some were cool, and some were annoying as hell. Even though Damon wasn't showing it, I could tell that he was troubled. He went through a grieving period and would drink a bit more. I was concerned that he was turning into an alcoholic, but he assured me he was fine. I briefly broke up with him and dated a few other guys. Some were so pathetic. One was married and his wife showed up to the restaurant we went on a date once. Luckily, that was our first and last date. Others were nice, but I just didn't click with them like I did with Damon.

I was mainly concerned with finishing school. I graduated with a Bachelor's degree in English, and then I decided to become a high school English teacher, so I was taking training classes for that. Out of the blue, Damon called me to meet with him. We met at the park where I would feed ducklings a lot. Damon looked a lot better than when I left him. He had cut down on his drinking to where he pretty much didn't drink alcohol at all. He gave me a bouquet of flowers and sat me down on the bench. He asked me how I was doing. I told him about my plans and how I was super excited about starting as a teacher. He told me he was doing well too and he was even intending on turning Mazza's into a franchise.

We walked around the park a little and he bought us hot dogs for lunch. We were just sitting and munching. As I took another bite, I felt something clash against my teeth. I spit out the hot dog into a napkin. I removed the offending object out of the napkin and saw a ring glittering against the bits of hot dog. I turned to see Damon on his knee. My breath caught in my throat.

"Soph," Damon started. "I can pretend to give you this whole romantic speech about how I can't live without you and you're the only woman for me. But I'm not going to say that because the future is uncertain. But what I can tell you is that you mean a lot to me, and if you allow me to, I would like to prove how much I love you. I know you're going to do great things, and I hope things will get better for me, so why not do great things together? We don't have to get married now, but can I at least have the chance to let you think about it? Will you marry, Sophie Jenner?"

I look at him for a while saying nothing. I start walking away. Then I look back to see D's worried face then say, "Yes, Damon. Now will you get up before your jeans get grass stains?" He meets up with me and kisses me passionately. I kiss him back. I don't know what the future holds for us, but all I know is I do want to take a chance on Damon.

%%%%%%%%

Damon's POV

I look down at my sleeping bride, exhausted after we just made love on our first honeymoon night. We're at my parents' vacation house in Naples. I look forward to a wonderful life with Sophie. I don't know if anything in life is certain, but I guess you can be pretty close to feeling it.

Back then, did I know that Soph would be my wife? No, but I did know I wanted her in my bed. And I did have her and I'm glad that she'll be sleeping with me everyday now. Will life be perfect for us? Fuck no! Is it really for anybody? But all I know is that it will take just one night for your whole life to change. I expect great things for myself and Soph. And I hope we get great things from our little one...

THE END

%%%%%%%%%