Ch 7 Whack an Ex

• Αφιερωμένο στον/ην SourLulu

Another thrilling chapter to The Night!

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Sophie's POV

I was positively mortified that my ex was in my apartment. How'd he even get in? Did I leave the door unlocked, or did he keep his copy of my key? Well, I'll tell you right now, this is getting handled right now! I took a deep breath, exhaled, turned to David, and said, "What the hell are you doing in my apartment, David?! I have nothing to say to you!" Damon just looked at me with a concerned look but he remained silent.

David opened his mouth and said, "Sophie, I came to say I'm sorry, but now I'm not so sure I should. Who's this white boy?"

I was going to answer, but Damon cut in. "Italian not white, learn the difference. Also, it doesn't matter who I am but who you are."

"I'm Sophie's boyfriend," David growled.

Damon replied in a fake enthusiastic voice, "Oh now I know who you are! You're the bastard that Soph told me broke her heart. I can see why Sophie dumped you."

"Watch who you're talking to Guido! This is between me and Sophie!" David then turned to me and said, "So, are you fucking him?"

I just ignored him, crossing my arms across my chest and scowling. The living room was silent for a few moments then David yelled, "What are deaf now, Sophie? I asked you a question! Are you fucking him?"

Damon started stepping closer to David and said, "Sophie doesn't have to answer to you."

"What do you speak for her? Damn Soph! And you always complained that I treated you like a lapdog."

Damon scowled then answered, "No, I don't answer for Soph. She's her own woman and she can answer your question when she feels like it!"

"Well since I'm talking to you, I'll ask you. Are you having sex with Sophie?"

"I'm not going to answer that."

"What is it too intimate to talk about? Or wait, does it suck so bad that pasta man over here doesn't want to admit he fucked you? Can't blame him though. You never did move a lot when we did it. You know what? I'm not sorry I fucked Amanda. At least she wasn't like a mannequin in bed. I've had better sex by myself than with you!"

I didn't answer because I was afraid of what would come out of my mouth. I was so mad, I started crying. I didn't know how to react. But I guess I didn't have to because Damon did it for me.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Damon's POV

I was so fucking tired of this dude mouthing off about Soph. I was trying to control my anger when I heard him making fun of my Italian heritage. I barely contained myself when he called Soph a lapdog. But I totally lost it when he made fun of Soph in bed and said how he was glad he screwed Sophie's friend. To make matters worse, Sophie started crying. I had it then!

I stepped up to David's face and wailed on him. I think I broke his nose but I didn't care. I just saw red like a bull and leaped into action. I wasn't going to allow this asshole to dishonor Soph. He was her ex. He fucked up so he had no cause to be mad. I was winning the fight. His face was covered in bruises and blood. Also, his chest had a big bruise from where I punched him. He did get a good punch though on my right eye. I knew I would have a black eye later on.

Soon I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked and saw Soph trying to lead me away from David. I wanted to keep beating his ass but I stopped when I saw how much Soph looked worried. David got up and groaned, holding his head in his hands. Good, I hope I broke his jaw along with his nose. I gave him a black eye on his right eye too. I smirked at him knowing that I fucked him up.

David turned to Soph and said, "So you need a guarddog to fight your battles."

I was about to beat his ass again when I heard Sophie yell, "Fuck you!" at David. He looked shocked and I was pretty shocked too. The only time Soph cussed was when we were making love earlier. Soph came toward me and took my head in her hands. She looked at me and asked if I was okay. I nodded yes and she sat me on the couch.

David looked at Soph and said, "Shouldn't you be asking if I'm okay?"

Soph said, "Go to Hell, Dave! You're lucky I don't call the cops right now for trespassing and attacking my boyfriend!"

My head perked up when she said boyfriend. Though I hadn't told her she was my girlfriend, I didn't mind the thought. In fact, I liked it very much. Soph interrupted my train of thought when she asked how her ex got in. Turns out, he kept his copy of the key. Soph took the key and asked him to leave. David turned and said, "Have fun getting STDs from the dough kneader over there!" I felt my anger return.

Soph turned to David and said, "Believe me, I do have fun with him. And by the way Dave, I am fucking him and he's bigger than you." Soph smiled and slammed the door in his face.

She came towards me and took me into the bathroom. I sat on the counter and she was in between my legs. She ran a cloth under some warm water and cleaned my face. Apparently, other than my bruised eye, Dave gave me a scratch along my lip and cheek. Soph then got some cotton balls and put alcohol on them. She put them on my scratches and I winced. Soph apologized and proceeded to put alcohol on the scratches. She blew on them and I smiled.

Soph asked, "What are you smiling for?"

"I just realized how good you are at blowing on things."

Soph rolled her eyes then said, "Please get your mind out of the gutter. You were attacked."

"Oh please," I said. "A rabid squirrel would be a better fighter than Dave."

"So cocky, aren't you? I'm glad you have so much faith in your fighting skills."

"I should," I quipped. "I took up boxing. Not for professional reasons. Just to have for beating ass when I need to."

Soph smiled then the smile faded. "I was worried that he would hurt you."

"You shouldn't worry so much, Soph. Your new boyfriend can take care of himself. And I can take care of you."

"And I can take care of myself. I am holding alcohol right now."

We both chuckled then Soph said, "But seriously, can we forget I said that? I know we're not together."

"What if I want us together?"

Soph looked at me silently for about 30 seconds. Finally she said, "I say shouldn't we wait?"

"What's to wait for? We're already having sex and we act like a couple. Would being together be so bad, Soph?"

She wouldn't look at me. I tried to get off the counter but Soph put her hands on my knees. She looked at me and said, "I don't want you to think I'm easy, or that I'm asking too much."

"I don't think either of that."

"We barely know each other."

"That's what dating's for, so we can get to know each other."

"What about our exes?"

"We're both over them, so why not take a shot? Do you not trust me, Soph?"

Soph got up to go in the kitchen. She came back with a bag of frozen peas and put it on my right blackened eye. As I winced, Soph held my hand, kissed my cheek and said, "This is irrational."

I looked at her and said, "Life is irrational. People are irrational. We could be two irrational people trying to live a rational life."

Soph smiled and laughed. Her laugh faded and she looked serious again. She looked at me and said, "I trust you and I want to try."

I looked at her and asked, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

She smiled and said, "You had me when you beat Dave's ass."

We both laughed and I kissed her hands. We looked at each other and smiled. Though I saw wariness and worry in Soph's eyes, I also saw happiness and hope. We weren't sure about how our future would be, but I definitely wanted Soph by my side.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

End of chapter