The Night by Rainy Fristoe

This is my first story that I've ever written on here. Please don't hate it. Cover of leads. Note: Damon's hair is black and shorter, and he's buffer and usually shaved. Enjoy the book!

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Sophie's POV

The night is dark and gloomy in Las Vegas, Nevada, or the Devil's Armpit as my dad likes to call it. I stroll the streets around 11 O' clock at night while it's raining. Shit, it's really pouring hard, even with my umbrella. I look around at the mostly deserted streets and the lights that I used to think of as stars. Now as a mature, 21 year old native, the once warm lights of the city have grown cold with the reeking scent of greed, aloofness, and callousness.

I know it doesn't seem smart that a woman would be walking unescorted late at night, but believe me, I can take care of myself. I have mace and a knife in my purse. Also, I know the most vulnerable parts of the body and should I have to fight, I know which parts to aim for. I'm not really in my right state of mind right now. My scum, bastard, son of a motherless goat of a boyfriend cheated on me with one of my friends. To add insult to injury, I caught them in my bed. I can't say that I wasn't surprised because they both seemed like sluts. I'm not really even mad because I didn't really love him that much. David can rot in hell for all I care. I usually wish no ill will on anyone, but David and Amanda are the exceptions. After finding out this betrayal, I kicked his ass out of my apartment. But in an odd way, I'm grateful that he cheated because now, I can see other people.

By chance, I stop walking and notice a small bar next to me. Great, maybe a drink will help me feel better. I go in and sit down a red faux leather and chrome stool that's seen better days. The bartender, a cute petite Asian woman asks what I want. I rarely drink but I want something strong so I ordered a shot of whiskey. I sip my drink, preoccupied either being inside my head or looking at the other people unamused. I fight back angry tears when I feel someone sitting next to me.

"Hi," said the stranger in a buttery smooth masculine voice. I turn my head to examine the man. Not even my tears can blur his good looks. He's a hot tall tan white man with sexy green eyes, lean muscles, and short black hair. He was dressed all in black. On his right shoulder, he had a tattoo of a solid black cross that sensually contrasted against his golden muscles and black tanktop. I admit he's sexy but I ignore him for a few minutes. Not to be a bitch mind you, but to compose myself and think of flirty lines.

"Hey," I said back in a semi bored tone. Let's see if mystery man takes the bait.

"What are you doing here, sexy? You don't seem like the barhopping type."

The comment didn't bother me. I am good looking. I don't think I'm a goddess but I'm beautiful. I'm a tall (5'9.5") beautiful slender chocolate woman with dark brown eyes and dark brownish hair in a almost shoulder length wavy bob (real hair). I have a heart shaped yin yang tattoo on my left shoulder. I take off my burgundy red trench coat to reveal my thigh length short black sleeveless halter dress. I looked hot but not in a promiscuous way. I wanted to surprise David with my outfit, but it ironically turned out I got the surprise.

I told him, "I don't make it a habit to go out to bars but I needed a drink. My dick of a boyfriend cheated on me."

"Sorry," he said. " He's a loser if he cheated on you, unless you're crazy. You're not crazy right?"

"No, just majorly pissed that I spent almost two years with him. But I am so done with him. I'm single and pretty, and I can do better."

"Glad to know you're on the market. I'm Damon by the way. I didn't want to come off as rude," Damon explained.