Ch 5 Fucking Exes!

Thanks for the love, guys. New chapter!

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Sophie's POV

I was so glad that Damon and I are going out on a real date. I was so embarrassed that our evening yesterday was cut short. On the plus side, I got to make out with Damon. It was around 3 pm and our date didn't start until 8. I was out running errands, paying bills and food shopping, you know. I was in the freezer section, surveying the selection of ice cream. It was hard for me to choose since I freaking love sweets, especially ice cream with a passion. I decided on chocolate, can't go wrong with the classics. Then I realized I needed more laundry soap. As I made my way to the laundry section, my cart crashed into another cart.

"Sorry," I said.

"No problem, babe," said a dreaded familiar voice.

"Oh hell no!" I began to walk away but felt a strong hand wrapped around my wrist.

"Hold up, Soph!" David tried to pull me toward him but I gently kicked his ankle. I must have kicked pretty hard because he loudly groaned in agony.

"Fuck Sophie! What the hell is your problem?!"

"My problem? Are you serious right now?! My problem is that I ran into my broke down ex who ruined my mood. I was happy until you rammed into my cart and my ex-friend! I have a date tonight and now I'm less excited because of you!"

"You have a date?"

David was about to say something else when my cell phone chimed, indicating that I had a text. I took the phone out of my purse and saw it was from Damon. A smile crept on my face as I read the text: I'M LOOKING FORWARD 2 2NITE. WEAR SOMETHING SEMI-FORMAL AND PRETTY. THAT SHOULDN'T BE TOO HARD 4 U, GORGEOUS. I'LL PICK U UP AROUND 7:30. D.

"What ya smilin' for? Is that your date?" David asked.

"I don't have to answer to you. You're my ex, David. I owe you no explanation about my love life. But just to humor you, that was my date. Bye."

I left to go pay for my food. I was not about to let David rain on my parade. I was walking to my car, my red reliable Nissan Sentra. I know it wasn't fancy, but it was my batmobile. I rarely had to get it fixed and it was my good luck symbol since it's never been in an accident. I had put the last bag in the backseat when out of my peripheral vision, I saw David trying to come near me. I swear I was like The Flash or something because I got in the car and hauled ass so quick, I was afraid my tires would leave flaming skid marks. I smirked as I saw David eating my dust. And now, all I had to do was put my food away and get ready for my date.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Damon's POV

I was confirming my reservation at Mazza's for 8 pm. Luckily, it wasn't too hard for me to get a table there. I wasn't a celebrity or anything, but I did get them lots of business. It was a nice classy Italian restaurant that I'm sure Soph would like. I looked at my phone and

saw Soph replied to my earlier text. SORRY I KIND OF RUINED OUR NIGHT LAST NIGHT. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO OUR EVENING, HANDSOME. IF YOU'RE GOOD, YOU MIGHT GET SOME DESSERT LATER. ;) SOPHIE. I groaned as soon as I saw that message. I sat on the couch and watched tv until about 5ish.

I went to the bathroom and showered. Then I soaped my body, rinsed, shampooed and conditioned my hair, and shaved my 5' O clock shadow. I got out and wrapped the towel around my waist. I went to my closet to find something to wear. I decided on a black suit with a red dress shirt and black tie. I had to admit, I looked better than ever, as if that was possible. I got out some black socks and dress shoes then put them on. I sprayed some cologne and slicked back my hair. I brushed my teeth, got my keys and wallet, and left my condo.