Ch 10 Wifey Material

New chapter. Please comment and vote.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Damon's POV

After Soph turning me on, we just held one another on her couch. She was still dressed in the new lingerie that I got her from the mall today. I had to think of my dead childhood dog Plinko in order to un-pitch the tent in my pants that Sophie had created. I could see myself having Soph in my life, as my wife. She had everything I wanted in a wife. She was a beautiful person. She's funny, smart, caring, sophisticated, and she can match wits with me. I could see my family loving her the same as I do. She's fantastic in bed. And most importantly, she is confident and not intimidated by my sleeping with a lot of women. Plus, she wasn't intimidated by Syd and she didn't try to pry into my past. I genuinely care for Soph. Hell, I might even love her, but there is still so much we have yet to know about each other's pasts. But I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Until then, I'll enjoy having Soph close to my heart, in my arms.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Sophie's POV

Damon and I were quiet, holding me in his arms. It felt nice having his strong, fit arms shielding and comforting me. I admit I still felt slightly uncomfortable with my self-esteem since my recent breakup, but Damon was amazing at taking my cares away. I didn't think of him as a rebound, but a really great boyfriend.

I modeled a set of the new underwear and gave Damon a lap dance as a reward. I wanted to make love but I was too sore to do so. Also, Damon felt kind of tired so I let him nap and watched him sleep. He had just woken up not too long ago. Don't ask me what I thought when I asked this question to Damon, or why I asked because I really don't know why either.

"Damon, do you work?"

"Yeah, Soph. You know that restaurant we went to on our first date?"

"Yes. What about it."

"I co-own it with my older brother. I also manage it from time to time."

"Wow, you have your own business and have a brother. What else haven't you told me that I don't know?"

"What do you want to know?"

"What was your childhood like?"

"It was pretty good. My mom was a homemaker and my dad had owned Mazza's first in Chicago then made another one out here in Vegas. I was born and raised in Chicago. When I was 10, I stayed with some aunts and uncles back in Italy for about three and a half years. Then, I moved back home to attend high school. I went to college for business classes but I had to drop out when my mom had cancer and dad needed help to take care of mom. My brother and sister tried to help too, but we all knew mom's time was coming. She died about two years ago."

"I'm sorry, D. That must have been hard for you."

"It was but I'm not too sad. My mom went out like a soldier and I know she's at peace. But now I worry for my dad. I can tell mom's death took a huge toll on him, even though he doesn't show it. But other than that, I've been blessed. Business is good and I have a beautiful new girlfriend."

"Well I'm glad I have a good impact on your life."

I then grabbed her and kissed her. "What about your skeletons, Soph?"

"Well, I pretty much lived here for my whole life. I eventually want to move out of state after I finish school. My mom's a chiropractor and my dad's a plumber. Not glamorous professions, but I loved their work ethic. I'm an only child. I had a lot of childhood dogs, but I never got to keep one. Not because I couldn't take care of them, but we mostly lived in apartments, so sometimes I couldn't keep my dogs. I've had a good life. I wasn't spoiled but I never wanted for anything. I go to Rosemont for a degree in English with a minor in Business. I had a fair paying job as a secretary for a CEO at an elite trading company, but I got fired because I wouldn't sleep with my boss. Luckily, I have some money saved up so I'm okay, but I want to find another job. Other than a guy I briefly dated in high school, Dave is the only boyfriend I've had. We know how that turned out."

"Do you regret it?"

"What do I have to regret? David messed up. I admit it takes two to mess up a relationship, but I think we weren't meant to be. Besides, I have you now so I definitely have no regrets!"

I hug Soph and quickly peck her cheeks. I was looking forward to our future. Even though we still hadn't revealed everything, I felt we were one step closer to understanding each other. David and Syd could totally go fuck themselves.