Ch 12 Take it Slow

Hey guys, I made a new chapter. I also edited past chapters. I changed some things but not too much. I would really appreciate it if you could tell me what you think.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Damon's POV

I had it with Syd coming back into my life, thinking that I would ask her back. I had genuinely moved on and got a great girlfriend. I knew whatever reason Syd came back, it was to sabotage my new relationship. I would rather freeze in the ninth circle of Hell than take Syd back. I looked next to me to see how Soph felt. She had a blank stare. She turned her head and asked if I invited Syd over. I told her no and that Syd probably kept her key like Dave kept his copy of Soph's house key before she confiscated it. I walked toward the couch and Syd. She seductively smiled at me.

"Syd, what are you doing here. I told you to leave me alone."

Syd scoffed then said, "Come on, baby. You expect us to just leave things alone after all the history we have?"

"That's all in the past. Syd, on some level, I'll always care for you. But I'm with Sophie. I actually see me having a future with her, and I'm not about to let your pettiness ruin our happiness."

"You're an idiot, Damon! Do you know how many guys would want to be with me?"

I rolled my eyes then said, "No, I don't, but why not go out and find them?"

Syd got off the couch and took my hands to rub over her boobs. She smiled and asked, "Are you positive that you don't want me back? You were always eager when we were in bed." I took my hands back and said, "I'm positive that I'm going to throw up after touching you. Who knows how many guys have touched you since we broke up."

Syd then looked at Soph and walked in front of her. I went behind Syd to hold her back in case she was going to hurt Soph. Soph just looked at Syd with an uninterested look. Syd smiled maliciously and said, "He didn't deny that I'm good in bed. How well do you think you take care of him?"

Soph smiled then said, "According to him, I'm the best."

"I wouldn't doubt it. Girls like you would know how to screw a man. Trust me, Damon is just using you to experiment with. After all your little tricks get old, he'll come back to me. I know he misses me."

I was about to explode. I would never hit a woman, but I wanted to hit Syd. As far as I was concerned, she wasn't a woman. She wasn't even a dog. Syd was dirt. As I was about to cuss out Syd, Soph went up to Syd, grabbed her arms behind her back and said to Syd, "Listen you weak little succubus. Don't you dare answer for Damon. You don't know what he's thinking so don't answer for him. All that matters is that Damon and I are in a relationship now. You should move on instead of pathetically trying to hold on to a man who doesn't want you. From what you and Damon told me, you expect men to beg for you. Why be with a man who won't beg for you? And more importantly, you don't deserve him."

Syd tried to break out of Soph's grasp to slap her but Soph caught Syd's hand. Soph then said, "Now take this as a promise. The next time you want to threaten me or Damon, the things I'll do to you will make Hell seem like Heaven after I'm done with you. Am I understood?!"

Syd looked genuinely frightened and agreed to leave us alone. I must admit that I was slightly scared too at the calm but imposing tone in Soph's voice. Soph opened the door then pushed Syd towards the front door to leave. Soph closed the door and I turned her around to face me. I told her how hot she looked defending herself from Syd. I kissed her voraciously and carried her to the bedroom. She tapped my shoulder to tell me to put her down. I placed her on the bed and asked her what's wrong.

She said, "I think I want us to slow down."

"Okay, Soph. We'll fuck nice and slow."

"That's not what I meant. I think we should slow our relationship down."

"Why? Aren't things great?"

"Things aren't bad, but after Syd came by, I realized how much of a threat she is."

"She is no threat, Soph! I want you, not her!"

"I believe you," she said. "But I can tell that her and Dave do have a big impact on how we act around each other. We may be over them, but I get a rebound vibe from us."

"You aren't a rebound to me, Soph."

"I know, D. What I'm saying is we jumped right into sex. Not that I mind too much because the sex was great. But I feel like we never focused on growing a friendship."

"You want us to just be friends?"

"No," Soph protested. "I want us to still be a couple and date, but I want us to open up more about our lives. I'm not saying we have to tell each other about our dark pasts right now, but I feel like we're awkward around each other."

I asked, "Will it make you more comfortable if we slow down?"

"Yes," she said. "I'm confident that we can have a great future. But I don't want us to waste our time in this relationship if we aren't comfortable with each other. Especially, since we both got out of bad relationships. I want you to accept me and I'll accept you."

I took a while to answer. I wanted Soph to be happy in this relationship. I know it wasn't easy for her to say this to me, especially after being hurt. I could see where she was coming from. We did kind of jump in too quickly, and I didn't want this relationship to fail. Soph needed strength and I wanted to be strong for her. I knew better that Dave and Syd might not back off so easily but I wasn't going to let anyone ruin this for Soph and I.

"Soph, we can take it slow," I said to her. We kissed and lied down on the bed.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Please comment and vote, guys. Do you like the changes in the story?