Christmas Miracle

Demi's P.O.V.

I am so proud of Kendrah. She has gone above and beyond what Mike and I have expected of her while she's been in treatment. She's done so well the last two months by only relapsing once which I'll fill you in on later. So because of that Mike is letting her leave treatment early! As I walked into Kendrah's room, I had a big smile on my face which she noticed as soon as I sat on her bed.

"Hey Demi you look like your in a good mood" Kendrah says as she sets a book down that she was reading. "I am actually because I have an amazing surprise for you" I say excitedly as I clapped my hands together. "Ooh I love surprises what is it" Kendrah asks curiously. "What would you say if I told you that you were getting out of treatment earlier then you thought" I say smirking a little as I crossed my arms. "How earlier are we talking like a few weeks or a month" Kendrah asks scrunching her eyebrows.

"I was thinking in about an hour actually" I say grinning mischievously. "Are you serious!" Kendrah asks shocked as her jaw drops. "Dead serious, Mike and I have been so impressed with how well you've been doing the last few months with treatment so he's sending you home today" I say as I grabbed her hand squeezing it. "Ok this is officially the best day of my life thank you Demi" Kendrah says ecstatically as she gets off her bed and hugs me tightly. "Your welcome sweetie now start packing and I'll meet you downstairs because we've got a plane to catch" I say as I hugged her back and ruffled her hair.

"Yes ma'am, Demi thank you honestly I don't know how I would've made it through this if you weren't here" Kendrah says as she squeezes my shoulder. "Well you did it kiddo and I for one am really proud of you, now get packing cuz I have another surprise for you later" I say giggling as I hugged her again then skipped out of her room down to Mike's office. "So I take it Kendrah liked her good news" Mike asks as he raises his eyebrows at me. "Yep she's so excited and she's packing right now" I say giggling a little.

"You didn't tell her you were heading to Nick's parents house did you" Mike asks smirking. "Nope I'm saving that for when we actually get to their house and Nick doesn't know she's coming either" I say winking as I grabbed my phone and purse as Mike and I headed to the entrance of the center. "Your an evil genius sometimes" Mike says laughing just as Kendrah walks downstairs to us with her luggage. "I try to be, hey kiddo ready to go" I say as I grab her personal belongings from the front desk.

"Yep all set I still can't believe this is happening" Kendrah says quietly. "Well believe it cuz it is" I say laughing a little. "Bye Mike thank you so much for everything" Kendrah says gratefully as she wraps her arms around his waist hugging him tightly. "Your welcome sweetie keep up your good work and I'll see you for therapy after the holidays ok" Mike says smiling proudly as he hugs her back and kisses her head. "Got it I'll be there" Kendrah says as I give Mike a hug as well then we head outside to our cab.

After about an hour getting checked into the airport with our luggage and going through security, we were finally settled in on our plane. "Hey didn't you say you had another surprise for me" Kendrah asks as we get buckled up and the plane takes off into the sky. "Yep but you'll have to wait until we land to find out what it is so get some sleep ok" I say winking as I squeezed her shoulder. "But aww ok" Kendrah says yawning as she closes her eyes. Hopefully she'll really like her surprise I think to myself as I also fell asleep.

Nick's P.O.V.

So last night didn't exactly go the way I'd hoped especially because Joe gave me the cold shoulder the rest of the night. Hopefully today will be a lot better especially since it's Christmas! I was planning on sleeping in this morning but unfortunately my niece had other ideas. "Wake up uncle Nick, Santa came it's time to open presents" Alena says excitedly as she climbed onto my bed and crawled onto my chest. "Ok sweetheart I'm up why don't you head downstairs and I'll be there in a minute" I say smiling as I sat up, kissed Alena's cheek, then set her down on the floor.