Friends Brighten Dark Days

Joe's P.O.V.

The next morning, I wasn't really feeling up to getting out of bed until my phone rang. "Hello" I mumbled as I sat up and answered my phone. "Hey man did I wake you up" Brian asks on the other end. "Yeah but it's alright I was about to get up anyway what's up" I ask yawning a little as I got out of bed. "Do you think you can come over to my house Beth and I have something we want to share with you" Brian says enthusiastically. "Yeah sure I'll be there in  about fifteen or twenty minutes" I say as I headed into my closet. "Alright man see you soon bye" Brian says as he hangs up.

It took me maybe five minutes or so to get changed into a T-shirt and jeans then I just combed my hair a little. After I put my shoes on, I headed downstairs to the kitchen where I ran into Nick. "Good morning big brother I made some coffee and toast" Nick says cheerfully as he sits at the table drinking his coffee. "Thanks" I say as I grabbed my thermos putting my coffee in it then ate a piece of toast quietly. "Are you going somewhere" Nick asks curiously. "Yeah I'm going over to Brian's for a little bit" I say as I finished eating then started walking out of the kitchen.

"I have a few meetings with Phil before I gotta head back to Hawaii tomorrow, is it cool if I stay here again" Nick asks nervously. "Sure whatever see you later" I say as I grabbed my keys and started heading to the door. "Joe wait can we talk when you get back please" Nick begs as he follows me and grabs my arm. "I think we said enough last night so just leave me the hell alone" I say coolly as I yanked my arm away and stormed out slamming the door in his face. Once I got in my car, I tried calming myself down as I drove to Beth and Brian's house. After a twenty minute drive, I finally pulled up to their house and got out then walked to the door and knocked.

"Hey Joe glad your here come on in" Brian says smiling as he holds the door open for me. "Thanks so what's got you so excited" I say laughing a little as we walked into the living room. "We'll get to that first are you ok you seem a little annoyed" Brian asks concerned as he squeezes my shoulder. "Nick and I got into an argument and I'd rather not talk about it if you don't mind" I say sighing as I sat down on the couch. "Fair enough I think what Beth and I have to tell you will be just the thing to cheer you up" Brian says as he sits down next to me.

"Where is Beth anyway" I ask curiously. "Right here and I have a gift for you as well" Beth says winking as she places a bag in my lap. "For me? It's not my birthday or Christmas" I say laughing a little as I looked at the bag. "We know that but you've been one of our biggest supporters since our relationship began and we want you to always be part of our lives and future family" Beth says as she sits on Brian's lap. "Awww thank you that's so sweet and trust me I'm not going anywhere anytime soon" I say winking as I kissed Beth's cheek. "Good to know now open your damn present already" Brian says chuckling as he wraps his arms around Beth's waist.

"Ok jeez somebody's impatient" I say rolling my eyes a little as I started unwrapping my present. I got confused when I saw a onesie in my lap. "Read the front of it and you'll understand a little more" Brian says smiling as Beth starts tearing up a little.

I did as Brian said and flipped it over to the front side

I did as Brian said and flipped it over to the front side. "Will you be my god.." I started reading then stopped as I looked up at Brian and Beth with a more then shocked look on my face. "Do you get it now" Beth asks sniffling as she wipes tears from her cheeks. "No way, you guys are having a baby" I say as my jaw dropped to the ground. "Surprise" Brian says enthusiastically as he and Beth stand up and she hands me an ultrasound picture off their table. "It's still pretty small but yeah I found out about a couple weeks after the tour was over and I'm about a month and a half along already" Beth says blushing a little. "Your being serious your pregnant" I say still in shock as I looked down at the ultrasound then at Beth's stomach.

"Yep trust me I was in shock to when we first found out" Brian says as he pats my back. "That is so awesome congratulations man" I say ecstatically as I high fived Brian and hugged him tightly. "Thanks man and now that you've seen the onesie we've got a question for you" Brian says as he hugs me back then looks at Beth mischievously. "What would that be" I ask playing dumb as I wiggled my eyebrows at him. "Brian and I talked about this for a while and we um... we were wondering if you would do us the honor of being our baby's godfather" Beth says blushing nervously as she puts her hands on her belly. "Are you serious" I ask surprised.

"Dead serious, so what do you say buddy" Brian asks as he nudges my shoulder. "Hell yes dude I would love to be your baby's godfather" I say happily as I hugged Brian again then gave Beth a hug as well. "Thanks man I couldn't imagine asking anyone else to do it" Brian says smiling as he pecks Beth's lips and rubs her stomach. "I'm honored to do it so who else knows" I ask curiously. "Our families and Brian's other friends" Beth says as she puts her ultrasound picture back on the table. "This is the best news ever" I say feeling pumped.

"I'm also going to tell Kendrah to when I go visit her, Nick told me about her going to rehab" Beth says quietly. "Yeah we just dropped her off yesterday" I say in a low whisper as I looked at the floor. "Well hopefully when I ask her to be the godmother that will lift her spirits" Beth says soothingly as she squeezes my shoulder. "I know she would absolutely love that" I say sincerely then I looked at the floor feeling a small lump in my throat. "Ok before we get to sad or depressed let's go celebrate" Brian says energized as we headed to the back door.

"Sounds great to me let's go" I say grinning as Beth and I followed Brian outside. Friends really are great at cheering you up on bad days.

(Authors note: Hope you guys like this chapter! And again a huge thank you to HansonJonasFan for letting me put you as a character in my story ☺️ I really hope you like this!