Dreams Come True

(Authors note: I'm putting myself in my story hope you guys like it and if you have any ideas for me please share them in the comments)

Kendrah's P.O.V.

Hi my name is Kendrah Rios. I'm twenty six years old and I live in Arizona the hottest desert state ever. Two of my biggest dreams are to be a singer and write my own music or to be an actress. Sadly one of them I might not get to make come true. Why do I say that you may ask... well the truth is I get stage fright easily. I wish I could be confident in myself like all of these other singers are. Two of my biggest inspirations are Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas. Oh and here's another secret about me, Nick is also my celebrity crush. Ok enough about me this story is about how my dream came true all because of my celebrity crush. I was waiting in line at Starbucks with my best friend Brittani on a Friday when I saw a sign for an open mic night that evening. "You should totally sign up" Brittani said as we got closer in line to order our drinks. "Are you kidding me you know how I get about singing in front of people" I say shaking my head as we got to the cashier and ordered our caramel frappucinos. "Yes I do but I also know how amazing your voice is and it's time for you to get over your stage freight and go after your dreams" Brittani says as she pays for our drinks and we go sit at a table. "I guess you do have a point" I say as I take a sip of my coffee. "Well what are you waiting for genius" Brittani says giggling as she points to another table where people are signing up.

"Ok here goes nothing" I say quietly as I get up and walk over to the sign up table. "Hi are you here to sign up for open mic night" the manager of the Starbucks asks as she smiles at me. "Y-yes m-ma'am" I stutter nervously. "Ok what's your name sweetheart" the manager asks nicely. "Kendrah Rios" I say in a shy voice as she writes my name down. "Ok and what would you like to sing, you can do original songs or you can cover a song by any other artist it's up to you" says manager with the name tag Ashley. "Um I'd like to sing who I am by Nick Jonas and the administration" I say feeling a little confident. "Ok perfect I'll let the band know your song and your all set sweetie see you tonight" Ashley says smiling as she shakes my hand. "I'll be here thank you so much" I say happily as I walk back to mine and Brittani's table. "So did you do it" Brittani asks as we head out drinking our coffees. "Yep I'm all signed up I just hope I don't vomit all over the stage" I say sighing as we walk down my street. "You won't you'll be great I just know it, sorry I can't see it since I have to work this weekend" Brittani says as we get to my house. "Thanks for the confidence boost and it's ok I'll call you later and tell you all about it" I say as I give her a hug and wave as she walks away heading to her house.

When I get inside my house, I head upstairs to my room to practice my song so it sounds perfect for tonight. After three hours of practicing, I run and shower really quick then head to my closet trying to find the right outfit to wear. I finally settled on my black jeans with a pink blouse and my white pumps. After I finished my hair and makeup, I grabbed my keys and headed out the door to Starbucks. When I got inside, I saw all of the other performers sitting in the front row so I went and sat at the end. "Hey is this your first time doing open mic night" I heard a girl next to me ask. "Yeah it is I'm Kendrah by the way" I say as I hold my hand out. "I'm Lucy nice to meet you are you nervous" Lucy asks smiling as she shakes my hand. "You to and yeah I'm kinda nervous any advice" I ask hopefully. "Just be yourself and don't overthink your performance and do the best you can" Lucy says as she pats my shoulder reassuringly. "That's great advice thank you" I say smiling appreciatively. "No problem anything for a new friend" Lucy says winking at me. "Ok we're gonna get started here soon but before we do how many of you have heard of a company called Safehouse Records" the manager Ashley asks looking at all of us.

"I have it's owned by my favorite singers Demi Lovato, Nick Jonas, and their manager Phil" I say smiling nervously. "Wow the new girl knows her stuff, well Phil and Nick will be here tonight scouting for new talent so one of you could be getting a record deal" Ashley says excitedly. And just like that my nerves went into overdrive. "I-I'm sorry d-did you just say n-Nick Jonas i-is gonna be h-here" I stutter more nervous then I was before. "Yep he should be here in about a few minutes so good luck everyone and coffee is on the house" Ashley says smiling as she walks back to her office. "Great as if I wasn't nervous enough" I say shaking. "Don't worry sweetie you'll do great" Lucy says comfortingly as she rubs my back. "Easy for you to say your not singing one of his songs" I squeak out rubbing my hands together. "Ok just breathe and remember what I said just be yourself and do your best ok" Lucy says breathing slowly with me copying her. I just nod my head when suddenly we hear everyone start screaming and figured out why. When I looked to the entrance, I saw Phil walk in with Nick slowly following behind him. "Ok everyone our special guests are here so let's get this thing started" Ashley says bouncing over to all of us. "You got this girl don't worry" Lucy whispers. "Kendrah your up first are you ready" Ashley asks as she looks at me.