Uncovering Another Secret

Demi's P.O.V.

(Authors Note: this chapter has a trigger warning in it. I apologize in advance if this gets to anyone but if it triggers you or if your dealing with any type of eating disorders or self harm I encourage you to talk to someone even me because I've gone through an eating disorder before and still do sometimes. Love you all and I'm here to talk or listen anytime💕)

I hadn't seen or heard from Joe since the night I snapped at him when I didn't take my medication not like I was expecting to. Kendrah has also been avoiding me over the last month since then but I can't really blame her. "Hopefully she'll hear me out today" I say quietly to myself as I stepped off my bus and headed into the arena. "Good morning Demi ready for the show tonight" Phil asks as he walks over and hands me a cup of tea. "Ready as I'll ever be, hey are Nick and Kendrah here yet" I asked curiously as I sipped my tea. "Yeah Nick's talking to the tech crew about lighting and Kendrah's in her dressing room trying to decide on a new look for tonight" Phil says as he looks over some contracts from his office.

"Thanks Phil" I say smiling as I pat him on the back then headed to Kendrah's dressing room and knocked on the door. "Who is it" I hear Kendrah ask on the other side. "It's Demi can we talk for a few minutes please" I pleaded as I leaned on her door. "Sure come on in" Kendrah says as she opens her door and stands in her bathrobe. "Thank you, need some help finding an outfit for tonight" I ask as I look at the clothes on her couch. "I guess, I narrowed it down to a red halter and jeans or a pink summer dress" Kendrah says as she holds up the two outfits. "Go with the halter top and jeans it will look sexy especially with high heel boots" I say as I set her outfit and boots out for her,

"Thanks for the advice so what did you want to talk about" Kendrah asks as she starts changing into her outfit. "Everything that happened that night we fought on the bus when I skipped my medication" I say as I sit down on her couch. "Oh great my favorite subject" Kendrah says sarcastically as she sits on the couch and puts her boots on. "Kendrah I know your mad and you have a right to be but can you please just hear me out" I pleaded as I grabbed her hand squeezing it. "Fine you have five minutes and don't touch me" Kendrah says coolly as she yanks her hand away from me. "I'll take it and thank you for hearing me out" I say as I sit next to her. "Whatever start talking or I'm leaving" Kendrah says harshly as she crosses her arms and glares at me.

"Ok look I know an apology isn't gonna automatically fix this, what I said was so over the line and.." I go to say until Kendrah holds her hand up and cuts me off. "Ya think! God Demi do you have any idea how much it hurt to have you of all people call me fat" Kendrah yells as she gets off her couch and starts getting tears in her eyes. I felt my stomach twist into a knot as I stood up and tried hugging Kendrah but she shoved me away. "Get away from me, I don't need or want your pity" Kendrah says quietly as she turns her back to me and wipes her face. "I didn't know my words would affect you this badly" I say sincerely as I walked up behind her and rubbed her back.

"Well they did you know having haters or bullies pick on you for your weight is one thing, but to hear it from someone you've admired for years hurts a hell of a lot worse" Kendrah says with her voice cracking as she looks at me with puffy eyes. "Kendrah I know you won't believe me right now but I am truly sorry for everything I said and I wanna make this right between us just tell me what I can say or do please" I pleaded as I grabbed her hand and squeezed it tightly. "You know what Demi I think at this point it's best if we just stay away from each other right now" Kendrah says angrily as she walks past me and sits back down on her couch. "You can't be serious" I say shocked as I sit back down next to her hoping she's joking.

"Yes I am we both need some space before either of us says or does something else we really regret and can't take back" Kendrah says as she gets up and walks out of her dressing room slamming the door. I sat there stunned for a minute until I got up and followed Kendrah out the door. "Wait Kendrah I can fix things with us if you'll just give me a chance please" I say with my voice shaking a little as I grabbed her arm tightly. "Demi I've respected what you wanted and left you alone now can you do the same thing for me and just give me some time please" Kendrah asks sighing as she yanks her arm from me. "Yes I can give you all the time and space you need although that might be a little hard since we're doing this tour together" I say laughing a little.