Dangerous Woman

Dedicated to user57857271

Gemma POV

Once again, I had failed to kill the Green Arrow. Every time I try, something stops me. Tonight, it was the asshole known as Slade Wilson. I stalked around my lair, thinking about my next move when I heard movement behind me. I quickly spun round and threw one of my concealed knives. They easily caught it, moved into the light and smirked at me. It was him.

"Dammit Wilson, what do you want?" I snapped as I turned round.

He walked over and stood next to me.

"I want to talk." he said.

"About what?" I asked.

"Teaming up."

I looked at him and said "I'm listening."

He smiled and said "We both want to take out the Arrow. It may be better if we try it together."

I nodded and said "Good idea. Before I agree, I need to know why you want to end him."

He smiled and said "My beloved died because of him. How about you?"

"He hurt my dad- badly." I replied.

"Who's your dad?" he asked.

"Digger Harkness- best known as Captain Boomerang." I replied.

His eyes widened and he said "So you're the infamous Red Dagger."

"Yep- the one and only." I said, smiling.

He looked at me and asked "So, do you want to work together or not?"

I thought about it for a few seconds before saying "Let's do it."

***
I tried to fight back the tears threatening to spill out of my eyes as we ran back to base. Our plan had failed thanks to the Arrow bringing backup. If the League of Assassins saw me now, they'd kill me for being so weak and careless. I slammed my sword on the desk as Slade stood by me.

"Hey, take it easy. We almost had him tonight. Next time we will succeed." he said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I quickly spun round, knocked his hand off and sent my knee into his groin. He doubled over in pain as I moved to the gym I set up. I put on my boxing gloves and began hitting the bag repeatedly. With every hit, my emotions bubbled closer and closer to the surface. Eventually, my punches got slower and the tears flowed freely. I collapsed to my knees and began sobbing. Without warning, a pair of arms wrapped around me. I looked up and saw Slade looking down at me, sorrow in his eyes. I wrapped my arms around him and held him tight as I cried into the night.

***
Slade rushed into the base with me in his arms- an arrow sticking out of my chest. I did try and tell him I was immortal, but he kept telling me to save my breath. He put me down on the medical table and got all the supplies ready. When his back was turned, I ripped the arrow out of my chest. He must have heard it because he spun round and ran to my side.

"What did you do?" he asked frantically, putting pressure on my wound.

"What needed to be done." I replied.

"You'll die you stupid idiot!" he snapped.

I sighed and said "If you gave me a chance to tell you earlier, I would have mentioned I'm immortal, but you were too worried about me dying to listen."

He looked at me in shock before asking "Are you really immortal?"

I nodded and showed him my chest. It was completely healed. He grinned widely and pulled me into a hug. We pulled away after a few seconds and I saw him look at my lips. I smiled, got up off the table and walked to the exit.

"See you tomorrow Wilson." I said, flicking my hair for good measure.

***
Since I almost "died", Slade has constantly been flirting with me. I obviously wanted to make it more difficult for him, so I feigned interest on some days and on others, I flat out ignored him. It was great to see his reactions, but eventually, I won't be able to resist his charm.

"Good morning sweetheart." I heard him say.

His broad Australian accent always made my heart flutter. I spun round and saw him standing there, shirtless. I smiled, crossed to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He chucked and wrapped his arms round my waist and pulled me to him.

"Morning." I replied.

"How are you feeling today?" he asked.

"Why do you want to know?" I asked, tracing his abs with my fingertips.

"Because I care about you. I know all our failed missions have taken their toll on you so I thought I'd check up on you." he said.

"Aww, you're so sweet." I said before placing a kiss on his cheek.

Before I knew what was happening, his lips were on mine in a fiery and passionate kiss. I pulled him closer, deepening the kiss. After a few minutes, we pulled apart and gazed into each other's eyes.

"God I love you." I said.

He smiled and said "I love you too."