Oneshot 5 Part 2

I rushed into the resurrection room with Alice in my arms. I couldn't lose her- she resembled Rebecca so much and if she was to die, it would destroy me. I placed her on the table and stepped back.

"I'm afraid you must leave." She said.

"No. She's my daughter. I'm staying." I said firmly.

Without warning, 2 pairs of arms wrapped around me and dragged me backwards.

"No! Let me go!" I yelled as the door closed in front of me.

I went limp as the guards dragged me into my bedroom. They released me and once they were gone, I began to cry. I suddenly realised that before the pit, she had given her loyalty to Ra's, which meant she was stuck here forever. After what seemed like an eternity of pacing, the large oak door opened and Alice came in.

"Hi dad." She said quietly.

I ran over to her and engulfed her in a tight hug. She immediately wrapped her arms around me and began to cry.

"Shhh...its ok, I'm here." I whispered in her ear, stroking her head.

"What did I do?" she asked.

"You've swore your allegiance to Ra's." I said.

I could feel her tighten her grip on me.

"I can't stay. We need to go." She said as we broke the hug.

"Ra's will kill you." I said.

"I don't care. I want to have a normal life with you- run the company together and live without fear." She replied.

After a few seconds of thinking, I nodded. Her face lit up and we ran out of the room together. We passed many guards on the way and they looked at us in confusion. We knew that if we didn't get out soon, Ra's would know and we'd die.

"Stop!" a powerful voice boomed from behind us.

I had a quick look and saw Ra's.

"Keep running!" I yelled, tugging Alice along the corridor and out the door.

We ran for what seemed like forever, but we finally saw the plane I used to get here sitting at the airfield. We rushed over, got on the plane and sat in the cockpit.

"Start pre- flight checks." I said as I buckled myself in and switched the engine on.

"Got it." She replied.

We worked seamlessly as a team and in no time at all, the plane was speeding down the runway.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Ready." Alice replied.

We took off and flew into the night, back to Starling City- back to our normal life.