Can't help falling in love

Dedicated to betteroffx

Oliver POV

I couldn't keep the smile off my face. My best friend Natalie was back in town after going to college for 4 years. I tapped my foot on the floor impatiently.

I leaned into Dig and whispered "How long does it take?"

He chuckled and said "As long as it takes."

I smiled and stood up straight again. Minutes later, she came through the gate, looking as beautiful as she did when I first met her in high school.

"Natalie!" I called out.

She spotted me and ran over. I opened my arms to her and wrapped her in a tight embrace. She nuzzled her face into my neck and squeezed me tightly.

"I'm so glad you're back Nat." I said as I pulled away slightly, my arms still wrapped around her waist.

"I'm glad to be back. I missed you Ollie." she replied.

I smiled, moved to stand beside her and said "Nat, this is my good friend and bodyguard Dig."

"Nice to meet you Natalie." he said.

"Please call me Nat Dig. Only my parents call me Natalie." she replied.

He nodded and we made our way to the car. Dig out her luggage into the trunk while we sat down in the back.

Natalie POV

I pulled my burner phone out from my bag and switched it on. I knew I'd have about 100 messages from my parents wondering where the hell I was. You see- I was supposed to get on a plane to Ft. Lauderdale, but I didn't. I was fed up of them trying to control my destiny, so I booked a flight to Central City and asked Ollie to pick me up. My phone lit up and, sure enough, there were a lot of messages from my mom and dad.

"Give me strength." I whispered.

"What was that?" Ollie asked.

My heart skipped a beat and my head snapped to the left. My eyes met Ollie's and I nearly caved then and there.

"Nothing." I quickly said.

Suddenly, my phone began buzzing. I looked at the caller ID and saw it was my dad. I sighed and returned the call.

"Where the hell are you? Your plane landed 2 hours ago and you weren't there!" he yelled.

"I didn't get on the plane. I've gone to a new city to start a new life so I can live my dreams!" I replied calmly.

"Those stupid, pitiful dreams of becoming mayor? You can't be serious!" he snapped.

"I am. I graduated with honours. I'm going to achieve my dreams and you can't stop me." I snapped.

"Don't forget who I am and who I'm associated with. They can find you and bring you back today."

I quickly hung up and threw the phone out of the window as Dig got in and started to drive off.

***
6 months after relocating to Star City, life has been great. I'm now in a position of influence within City Hall and Oliver had trusted me with his deepest secret- he's the Green Arrow. Speaking of us, we've never been closer. Recently, I have been feeling like I wanted to be more than friends.

Oliver POV

I couldn't stop thinking about Nat. She was so beautiful and I couldn't stop thinking about her. I wished that we could be more than friends, but I knew she'd never feel the same way.

***Later that night***

I was walking round Verdant, watching everyone dance. It didn't take me long to spot Nat dancing with a group of her work friends. She looked so happy and I loved it. Getting my a sudden rush of confidence, I walked over and put my hand on her shoulder. She turned round and smiled at me.

"Hey Ollie, you OK?" she asked.

I nodded and said " Can I have a word in private?"

She nodded, excused herself and followed me to the lair. Everyone else had gone home for the night so I could finally tell her how I feel. I lead her to a more private area, turned to face her and wrapped my arms around her.

"What's wrong Ollie?" she asked.

"I've had something on my mind for a while and I feel like its going to eat me inside out if I don't tell someone." I said.

A look of genuine concern spread across her face and she asked "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to say that I like you- a lot. I have done ever since we were young, but I've never had the guts to act on it."

"I love you too. Always have- always will."

I smiled, pulled her close and pressed my lips against hers. She immediately kissed back and wrapped her arms around me.