Oneshot 4

I walked into the room where the party was being held. My father, Malcolm Merlyn was holding a party to celebrate my 20th birthday. I saw my dad at the bar, so I walked over to him and gave him a hug.

"Happy birthday sweetheart." he said as he broke the hug.

"Thanks dad." I said as we pulled apart.

I looked up and could see in his eyes he was upset.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You look so much like your mother." He said.

I blushed slightly and said "Thank you."

"I mean it. Ever since we lost her, I have wanted to keep you close so I can protect you." He said.

"You don't need to. You taught me to fight anyone who tries to hurt us."

"I know. That's why I want to show you something. Come with me." He said, taking my arm and leading me out of the room.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we got into the limo.

"My office." He said.

I decided to not say anything else, so I just watched the city go by as we sped towards the family company. As soon as we arrived, dad led me to his private elevator, placed a key into the panel and pressed the button that would take us to his office. After a short elevator ride, dad placed his hand on the small of my back and led me to a painting on the wall.

"What are we doing?" I asked.

"Before you can take your place in the company, you need to know what we do in secret to save our city." He said as he placed his hand on a hidden scanner.

I looked at the wall as it slid to the side, revealing a hidden room with arrows, knives and 2 suits. I stepped in and looked around in an effort to take it all in.

"Ever since I came back, this is what I've been doing- taking out all the people who are poisoning our city, and I want you to join me." He said.

I looked at him and said "So we'd be like the dark archers?" I asked.

"The dark archers. I like that." He said, smiling.

"Let's do it." I said.