Oneshot 17

Dedicated to arrowversefan305. So sorry about how late it is- I hope you like it!

Oliver POV

I slowly walked down the street, my love in my sights. Ever since I first met Barry, I have wanted him to be mine. I smiled as he bumped into someone and awkwardly apologised to them. It was moments like these that I was reminded of how cute he really was.

***7 months later***

Barry and I had been together for 6 months now. I was so happy I felt like I was on cloud 9 every day. I looked to Barry. He was on the phone and he looked very frustrated. Concerned, I walked over and stood next to him.

"Listen Iris, I can't come out tonight. Ollie and I are having a horror movie marathon." he said.

My mood rapidly dropped as I heard Iris' reply.

"Barry, you haven't been able to see us for months and it's all because of him! He's controlling you and you don't even see it!" she yelled.

I mouthed to Barry I was going out to get some popcorn. He nodded and I stormed out. How dare she try and turn Barry against me! She has no right! We love each other and I wasn't going to let anyone tear us apart. I flew to the basement of our building, geared up and went to Iris' house. I picked the lock to her back door and crept through the halls.

"Who's there?" she asked.

Damn, she's good. I pulled the balaclava over my face and stepped out. She gasped and stumbled back in fear.

"What do you want?" she asked.

I smiled and rushed at her. She tried to run, but I snaked my arm around her waist and pulled her to me.

"Please don't hurt me." she begged.

I pulled out my knife and plunged it into her. She cried out in pain as I flung her to the ground and made my escape. I got back to the basement, dumped my gear and put a cross through her name. I had done this several times already- Cisco, HR and Joe had all met my blade because they knew my secret identity and they were going to tell Barry. I couldn't let them say anything because I would lose the one thing that kept me going in this world. I walked out of the basement and up to our apartment. Barry was sitting on the sofa, crying.

"Bar, what's wrong?" I asked, rushing over and sitting next to him.

"CCPD just called. Iris was murdered by The Butcher." he said, tears streaming down his face.

I pulled him in for a hug and placed a kiss on the top of his head.

"I'm sorry Bar. I know you were close." I said.

He nodded and held onto me tighter. I just sat there and held him, letting him grieve.

"Who would do this?" he asked as we broke the embrace.

"I don't know, but we will find out and they will pay for their crimes." I said.

If only you knew, Barry. If only you knew.