Oneshot 20

Dedicated to lazichicken123. I'm sorry it took so long to get up. Hopefully its worth the wait! 😊

Shado POV

My trembling hands sat in my lap as Oliver and I drove home. We'd been rescued from Lian Yu 3 weeks ago and I had nowhere to go, so Oliver's family kindly agreed to take me in. As we pulled up in front of the mansion, I took his hand and squeezed it. He immediately squeezed back. I could tell he was happy to be home, but also afraid that they wouldn't recognise him after so long.

Oliver POV

Shado's nerves radiated off her in waves. I could understand why-she was a total stranger to my family and now she'd be living with us. I kept a reassuring grip on her hand as we ascended the front steps and walked through the front door.

"Welcome home Shado." I said.

She rested her head on my chest and said "Thank you."

I suddenly heard thundering footsteps coming down the stairs. I looked up and saw Thea. I moved away from Shado and she tackled me in a huge hug.

"Ollie, thank god you're back."

I tightened my grip on her and said "It's good to be back."

I broke the hug, turned to Shado and said "Thea, this is Shado. She saved my ass more times than I can count while I was on the island."

Thea walked forward and enveloped her in a hug. At first, she was surprised, but eventually hugged back.

"Thank you for saving him." Thea said as they pulled apart.

"It's not a problem." she replied.

"Oliver, is that you?"

I spun round and saw my mother standing in the parlour doorway. I walked forward and gave her the tightest hug possible. She wrapped her arms around me just as tight and we stayed like that for what seemed like forever.

"I love you mom." I said.

"I love you too Oliver."

We pulled apart and I introduced her to Shado and by the end of the night, she was talking with them like she'd known them for years. I smiled happily as I knew I was finally home and everything was going to be OK.