Getting Home (Part 1)

Dedicated to JamieRone

Juliet POV

"Oliver, look! The boat!" I yelled, pointing.

He turned and looked where I was pointing and quickly grabbed his bow. I grabbed my knife and we sprinted to the cliff. Once we were there, Oliver lit an arrow on fire and shot it towards the kindling we set up. It immediately set alight and the boat changed course.

"We did it." I said. 

We turned to each other and he immediately pulled me into a hug. I hugged back and rested my chin on his chest. We pulled apart after a few seconds and ran down to the beach. The fisherman were very shocked to find us, but they still invited us on board and took us home.

                                              ****

"You've got scar tissue to 40% of your body and there are several fractures that haven't properly healed. You'll need to go to your local hospital for regular checkups." the doctor said.

"Thank you doctor." I replied.

"Is there anything else I can do for you?" he asked.

I nodded and replied "I want to see Oliver."

My mother, who had been sitting with me the whole time, butted in.

"Absolutely not." she snapped.

"Why?" I asked, staring at her.

"Do you know who he really is?" she asked.

"Yeah, I do. He's a kind and gentle person who happily took several beatings and bullets for me." I snapped.

Before my mother could stop me, I got out of bed and marched into the corridor. It didn't take long for me to find his room, so I knocked on the door and slipped inside. As soon as he saw me, he smiled wide and engulfed me into his arms. I giggled a little as he spun me round.

"They wouldn't let me see you." he said as he put me down.

"I know. That's because of my mom. She still sees you as the party boy you were before all of this. She doesn't know the real you." I replied.

I looked up at him and smiled. I could see in his eyes that he cared for  me.

"Oliver, I need to tell you something." I said.

"What?" he asked.

"Mom won't let me stay. She's forcing me to come back to Central City." I said.

"That won't be too bad, will it?" he asked.

"She's  only making me come back because she wants me to make amends with my ex. She loved him so much, wanted us to get married and have a bunch of kids, but he never respected me the way I wanted to be respected." I said.

Oliver sighed, pulled me to his chest and kissed my forehead.

"We'll see each other again, don't worry. The promise we made will ensure that." he said.

I nodded and pulled out a piece of paper. He took it and smiled.

"Just in case you need me." I said.

"I'm sure I will."

Without thinking, I put my hand on the back of his neck and pulled him down so our lips connected. He put his hands on my waist and kissed me back. After a few seconds of bliss, we pulled apart.

"I'll see you soon Ollie."

"See you soon."