Chapter XXIII |Looking for the Devil|

The night had set over the city as the boy was still walking between the large buildings, looking for the one which he had made up from his memories.

True, Bakugo and the other students had been to Izuku's apartment only a few days ago, but he didn't have enough time to memorize where exactly it was.

The sun had set about an hour ago, though the boy didn't seem to have luck with finding the right building. Just as he was getting tired from running around the neighborhoods, blindly looking for it, he finally came along an apartment complex, which he recognized.

The giant building stood before him, some windows lighted up from the inside. Bakugo checked his phone one last time.

22.46

The time was all he could read, before his phone turned off. There were a few messages sent from someone, who Bakugo assumed to be Kirishima.

The boy approached the door to the stairway, opened it and slowly stepped inside the building. Without thinking, Bakugo started running up the stairs, hearing how the large metal door fell closed behind him, echoing through the stairwell.

The boy continued running up the building, his legs were slowly getting tired after running around the city for long, though he wasn't about to stop.

He continued dashing forward until he reached a wooden door. Bakugo, knew it was Izuku's apartment, because of the burn marks on the wood, from the time he blew it up.

The boy used his elbow to support himself against the stair railings, heavily panting. Bakugo wasn't used to staying up late, not to mention he had just ran around for about an hour if not longer.

Sure, he was exhausted, but that wasn't the reason why he was very anxious and stressed.

The last time he had seen Izuku, he tried to kill him, but now he was standing at the very door of the person he both loved and feared to death. But Bakugo hadn't come so far just to stand on the other side of the wall, no, he had come for a reason.

Fear still reminded him, that searching for answers to what had happened in the last few months wasn't worth it, if his own life was in possible danger, but he wasn't going to listen to it.

The boy stood back up on his legs and slowly but hesitantly reached out his hand towards the doorknob. He wasn't just going to stand there, then might as well just get over with what was troubling him.

Bakugo looked at his hand, shaking, he took a deep breath pushed the doorknob, making the door slowly open and creak quietly.

He leaned forward and peaked in the apartment, while the door was still covering most of his body, so his presence was almost unnoticeable. Inside, he couldn't see much. The lights were off and the only light source in the room was the light shining in from the stairwell, showing a bright yellow streak reaching in to the living room.

"I-is anyone there?" a quiet sentence slipped through Bakugo's lips. Once he realized what he had done he covered his mouth and squeezed his eyes shut. He stood there, without saying anything, merely breathing. He didn't dare make a sound.

After about a minute he slowly opened his eyes and put his hand aside. Nobody had answered him. Nobody had noticed him or done anything to harm him. The apartment was quiet and dark, without anyone besides Bakugo's presence.

The boy stepped inside the apartment and closed the door behind him. His eyes took a moment to get used to the dark rooms, and he decided to look a round a little. He was going to run into Izuku that night one way or another, though he wasn't sure where or how it would happen.