Chapter VIII |My Reflection|

(A few weeks later)

Izuku was sitting on the side of his bed. "Th-... this can't be!" he said to himself, still unable to believe that his childhood friend and classmate Bakugo could've done such a thing.

"As much as I don't want to believe it, he's the only person who could've done it. He.. he was there! He said it to me! That I shouldn't leave h-her."

The boy got up on his legs, still looking at the photo. They were all smiling. He, his mother and his friend.

The album fell off of his lap and dropped on the ground making a loud sound. That didn't seem to bother him however.

Izuku lowered his arm and stared into the wall. His mind was blank. All this time he had been standing next to such a person.

He even had a nickname for him. He was always nice to him. Never would he dare to do something bad to him.

These memories started to make him sick. The photo slipped through his fingers and slowly fell to the ground.

Izuku walked over to a mirror and looked at himself. He looked dreadful. Dirty clothes, bags under his eyes, messy hair. He looked as if he had been living in some sewer for a year.

"What can a few sleepless nights do to you..." the boy thought to himself. He reached his hand towards his reflection, as if he wanted to make sure that it was him who was looking over from the other side of the mirror.

His reflection mimicked him perfectly like it should. For some obscure reason, Izuku found it incredibly amusing.

The sleep deprived student giggled a little. This small giggle turned into a chuckle, the chuckle into a mild laugh. It continued until Izuku was uncontrollably laughing.

He was pointing to his reflection, holding his stomach while his eyes started to water from the laughing. His enthusiasm died down suddenly as he stared into his own eyes with a confused stare.

"Hah.. ohh look at you! Pathetically stayed up many nights just to find out it was him..." he stretched his eyes and took a closer look at the bags under his eyes.

"Even if that's all he did, he's still killing me with all of this nonsense." he stood straight by the mirror.

"All goals achieved, mister! I'm miserable, my mother's dead and you are just walking around between our classmates who don't suspect a single thing from you." he praised Bakugo while looking up and down his own body.

"Laugh all you want in your own corner of mind! I know your secret!" Izuku held his head back and yelled at the ceiling.

He slinged his hands back and pushed piled up stacks of random items off of his desk. He hanged them down for a second and took a few deep breaths.

He stood there for a little while before running out of his room. He hit the wall and continued running until he reached his living room.

It was all cleaned up. The mess was gone. Almost as if nothing had happened. The boy stood in place.

"But it wasn't like this. The room was full of complete garbage. That's how he left it." Izuku said to himself while taking a glance over the room.

"I bet I can remember it just the way it was." he said and reached his hand over to a curtain, tearing it down.

"Yeah. Yeah he tore these down!" Izuku exclaimed and threw the tared up fabric on the ground.

"The television was on. The room smelled like salty tears. She must've cried watching Kacchan put her out of her misery!" the boy imagined the crime scene while starting to cry himself.

He took a framed picture of him and Inko from a shelf nearby.

"I wonder what were her last words. 'No! No Katsuki! Don't do this!' she must've screamed on the top of her lungs." Izuku imagined his terrified mother crawling back in terror from his own friend.

"And in her last moments she grabbed this picture of us and held it near her heart as Bakugo did what had to be done and ran away." the boy said in a high pitched voice and did the same.

He held the frame next to his chest and fell to the ground in the same way his mother had. He looked at the ceiling, breathing heavily, and closed his eyes.

"And that's it." he whispered to himself. "That's how she died."
He turned around on his back and opened his eyes, letting go of the picture.

He sat up and held his back against the back of the couch. He hugged his knees started crying again.

"What have I done. The room was so clean and peaceful, yet I wrecked it up again. Hahah... how do I get myself in these situations." Izuku whispered into his sweater which was getting wet from his tears.

The boy got up slowly, still shivering and shaking. He got rid of his tears and walked to the frame.

"Of course it's sweet. Still, the smiles start to terrify me." Izuku reached down to pick it up but stopped midway.

He saw his reflection again. Watering eyes, red cheeks and dust in his green locks.

"Hm. So you haven't stopped mocking me, huh? I look even more miserable. Just what you want me to be." Izuku said, again referring to his backstabbing friend.

He picked up the photo but smashed it on the ground right after. The glass cracked and shards flew all around it on the carpet.

"To think of the things he has done while I am just sitting here for days." the boy said with disgust.

"I have to make things right. I guess it's time to finally change clothes. What good am I to the world if I'm just sitting and rotting here all day." he said and walked over to his room.

He went into the shower and changed his clothes. Washed his face and teeth. He was being oddly quiet.

"I won't be able to carry around my keys all the time. Besides, I probably won't be returning for a while anyway." he said and took one last glance over to his mirror.

It showed a young man with clean clothing, brushed hair and a fake smile. Izuku couldn't see past himself that he had bad intentions.

He walked back to the living room. He walked by all the mess he had made until he reached his window. He put his hand onto the thin glass and looked back over his shoulder.

The apartment was quiet. The room was quiet. It all seemed so peaceful.

Izuku sighed. "Until next time I guess." he said to the room as he clenched his hand into a fist and punched the window making the glass shatter into small pieces.

He sicked out his head and felt the fresh wind brush through his hair. He breathed in the warm spring air.

The boy stepped out the window and using his quirk he jumped over to another building, turning back his head one last time. The apartment stayed completely dark.

"No time to turn back. I have to find him and tell the others." he said to himself and landed on the roof of another apartment complex.

In that moment his mind took a turn. He made it take a turn the way he though was right. Although it made sense to him and only him, Bakugo had to die.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●
Hnnnnn I don't like this one. It feels forced.

I'm sorry it's boring and again, kind of a filler but the next part needs context.

I have this feeling that my writers block may be kicking in at some point soon so I'm sorry if this twice-a-week upload schedule becomes a once-a-week or a once-a-month one.

To summarize the chapter, Deku becomes evil.

Hehe. I want to die.

Art credit: liyuchen1126 on Twitter

Leave your opinions/thoughts/suggestions in the comments!  

Cya!
~Craptchy