Chapter IV |My Memory|

(A few days later)

*ring ring*

"I don't feel like picking up the phone right now."

*ring ring*

"Why can't they just leave me alone."

*ring ring*

"Don't they understand?"

The voice mail turned on. It was from Uraraka.

"Uh... h-hey, Deku. I heard from the school. T-the reason you were absent. I... I am so sorry. I wish I knew how you felt... t-then maybe I could help you get through this... I know you told me not to worry but...just.. just know that me and Iida are here for you!"

The next voice mail turned on. It was from Kaminari.

"Heyy, Midoriya! How're ya hanging in there! I... heard from Mr. Aizawa and... look, man, I'm sorry I... I didn't know how it was when me and Kiri saw you last time. He's not in school either. I hope you get better soon! Me, Kyoka and others hope you come back to the U.A."

The room went silent again. It wasn't pleasant at all. The feeling of emptiness filled the air and it was getting unbearable.

"The doctors said that it was a stroke. Apparently she was stressed too much for her age."

Izuku was left alone in his apartment after staying in a rehabilitation establishment for a few days.

Izuku's phone started ringing once more. At first he thought that someone was calling to comfort him again, but the caller was someone who's call the boy was actually waiting for.

"H-hello?"

"Good day! Is this Izuku Midoriya?"

"Yes. Anything new?"

"I'm afraid even though you asked us to retake some tests on your... that is, Inko Midoriya's body again to see if there wasn't anything we missed, our statement stays positive. Inko died because of a stroke caused by an extensive amount of stress. Taking her age in thought, she was in no condition to survive such a shock."

"I... there must be something wrong! I don't believe this! Are you sure she died of natural causes?"

"I apologize, sir, but the results suggest that there was no unnatural cause that could have made such a disaster. It was due to her age and health rate."

"The-no! There must be some other explanation for this! Are you sure? Was there nothing that you left out?"

"Sir, we are 100% sure about your mother's death to be natural. All symptoms point to a stroke."

"Can't you do any more tests one her? There must be something el-"

"I'm sorry, sir, but we can not allow any more tests on Inko. The hospital's budget has to go to help other patients. I'm afraid we can't do anything anymore. For now I stand by our statement, that your mother died of natural causes. I suggest you get over your loss and move on!"

"I... I understand! I'm sorry for being stubborn."

"It's completely understandable for you but it can not continue for long. For now I wish you an easy restart to life. We will contact you if we discover something although I doubt it will happen. Goodbye, sir!"

"Goodbye!"

Izuku hung up on the call.

"Like I'd believe that. Of course she didn't die of a stroke. Something is wrong."