Jack's Shop

Do you know I count your heartbeats before you sleep? I bite my fingernails to bone
And then I crawl back under the stairwell to a place I call my home

Bulls in the Bronx -Pierce The Veil

Chapter Twelve

||MASKY||

It wasn't easy filling in Kit and her friend about what was happening, but after a while they seemed to catch on somewhat.

Amy, as I now knew her, seemed less concerned than the usual person would be and I noticed she would keep looking through the rearview mirror at us in the back. It made me suspicious and my fingers fiddled with the knife I was keeping close just in case.

The car came to a stop sometime after for gas and as we piled out, Amy came up to me.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Toby trying to start a conversation with Kit, it made my fists clench tightly by my side.

Why did he always have to try and get close to every girl I like? And why did she seem to enjoy his attention, laughing at every word he said like he was some fucking stand-up comedian?

"Are you listening to me?"

I was snapped back to the present by Amy's voice and I glanced at her face to see her giving me a questioning look.

"What?" I couldn't mask my annoyance.

She sighed and stepped closer causing me to immediately take a step back.

"Just look," She rolled her eyes before showing me her phone.

There was a picture of the proxy symbol and under it steps to take when casting a protection spell. The wearer of the charm would be safe from harm as long as they wore it?

How gullible is this girl?

I tsked, "That's fucking stupid."

"Then how do you explain what happened with Slenderman. He totally could have killed us back there if he wanted."

"That's his game. He loves a chase and wants to feed on your fear as long as he can." I walked away, shoving my hands in my pockets but she continued, trailing behind me.

"And what about you not killing Kit even though you could've that night?"

My jaw clenched and I turned to her, "Keep asking questions and you'll find yourself strewn up by your own insides."