Set Up

Boy I got a crush on you
It aint really much
I just wanna touch

Crush— Doja Cat

Chapter Two

||KIT||

I groaned along with my friend Amy as we spotted the certain group that was heading over to our lunch table.

Amy, because she knew she was about to let them down and me, because I knew Cassandra would find something awful to say about me today, as usual.

I couldn't stop myself from wanting to carve her eyes out with a rusty spork whenever she decided her life wasn't complete unless she made mine miserable.

I'd made friends with Amy back in seventh grade when I was new to town and she was probably the most down to earth person on the planet, which explains why she was also friends with Cassandra, the reigning queen of our high-school.

Amy might be blunt but Cassandra was a bully through and through, which was where the problem lay. Cassandra hated the the fact that Amy and I were even friends in the first place.

Amy's dad owned most of our town's real estate though, and with her mom being a well known district attorney with a ton of influence, Cassandra thought it better to be friends with her rather than enemies even though it meant wherever Amy went, so did I (and most times not by my own free will, either).

As they came to a halt at our table I could tell Cassandra was staring down at me in disgust so I continued to pick at my cold fries while slurping on my juice box.

"Tell me you convinced your parents."

I almost jumped at the sound of Cassandra's voice from directly over my head and scooted down the bench a little as she placed her hands on her hips looking pleased with herself while Amy groaned again.

"I already told you last night, I really can't make it," Amy said, "My dad's having a dinner thing he said I had to attend, and besides Cullin will be there."

Cassandra scoffed, "He's not even cute."

"Well, I like him."

"But it's supposed to be eight of us, you know that' We've been planning since last year. We cannot upset the system by changing the ritual!" Cassandra's voice was getting annoying now and my gaze shifted from her to the four girls behind her as I pushed my lunch away, having lost my appetite.

Her best friends, Stephanie and May were staring at me with identical scowls and behind them stood two younger faces, one I recognized to be Gwen and another girl whose name I didn't remember.

Stephanie, a tall brown skinned girl with anger issues and killer legs, was as mean as they come and I avoided looking her directly in the eyes since I heard she considered eye contact a challenge. She regularly got suspended for fighting and it was a wonder that she was even friends with Cassandra considering they both had the same temperament.