Half Truths

Have a random meme^ cx

Chapter Eight

||KIT||

"—and then I woke up in the hospital," I finished a few minutes later."

"So wait, you killed Cassandra?" Amy sounded a lot more amazed than actually concerned or horrified about the fact that I'd ended someone's life.

"By accident," I added with a nod and the room was quiet for a long minute, so quiet I could hear my own heart thumping in my chest.

I jumped when she started laughing out of nowhere, my brows furrowing as I watched her, wondering if she was having a mental breakdown.

"Amy, are you okay?"

"Okay? I'm fucking ecstatic! Not only is that bitch gone, you're the one who offed her!"

I slapped my hand over her mouth to shut her up, looking towards my door to make sure no one was nearby and she continued to giggle, pulling my hand away.

"I wonder what her face looked like when she realised she was really gonna die. I should've been there to see it. "

I blinked in astonishment at her. Did I just hear her correctly?

She then flopped back onto the bed staring up at the ceiling with a giddy smile while I twiddled my thumbs.

"I can't believe all that happened," She said softly after a while, "Holy shit."

"You can't believe it?" I asked with a light scoff, "I still think I'm dreaming and I can't wait to wake up. I mean what are the chances of anyone surviving a massacre like that? Especially someone like me?"

My thoughts briefly drifted to Mason and what he'd said about me being the person most likely to survive a horror movie.

He was right after all.

Amy turned onto her side, gazing at me with a creepy smile, "I knew you had a little psycho in there. Just like me."

"Amy," I groaned in embarassment.

She laughed, "So, did you get his name?"

"Whose?" I asked in confusion.

"The killer."

I immediately gave her a deadpan stare, "Amy, you cannot be serious right now."

"Wha-at?" She drawled on a laugh as she saw my expression, "He must've liked you cause he didn't- you know" she made a 'cllk' sound whilst running her thumb from one side of her neck to the other and I rolled my eyes. I'd thought Amy would be the serious one in a situation like this, guess I was wrong.

"You need to stop playing," I said biting my lip, "He was a masked murderer who knocked me unconscious. For all I know he thought he'd done the job. Maybe he's just sloppy, Mason got away too you know."