The Offer

Oh you never seem to notice
When I follow you home
In the dark of your apartment
When you think you're alone

Mx. Sinister- IDKHow

 Sinister- IDKHow

Chapter Nine

||KIT||

On Monday, Amy and I went to school despite Sara's protests.

She'd said it wouldn't be safe and on top of that, it would be too much stress for me after what happened but Amy was adamant that sticking to my usual routine would be better for me.

Later, she practically had to become my bodyguard because the whole school had heard about the murders and I was getting a lot of unwanted attention.

The first couple periods were spent with me trying to avoid the myriads of questions being thrown at me and after having lunch, Amy dropped me off at my history class and I sat at the back, picking my nails with my eyes trained on my desk, barely paying attention to the lesson. Apparently no one else was either, because I could feel their questioning gazes on me the whole time.

Most were in awe at the fact that I'd survived, little did they know it was sheer luck that the killer took an interest in the fact that I'd killed Cassandra.

I couldn't stop thinking about that. I killed a person and here I was walking free as of everything was normal.

Did I even deserve it?

The classroom door suddenly flew open with a bang and before I could lift my head, I was being yanked from my chair and dragged out of the room.

"M-Mason?!" I squeaked, his large hand gripping my wrist tightly as he dragged me down the hallway despite my struggle. He looked a mess and his hair was all over the place.

He let me go once we were outside, turning to face me and I sucked in a breath. His eyes were bloodshot and he had a host of small cuts over the left side of his face and a deep gash above his eyebrow that seemed to be infected and badly in need of stitches.

"I need answers."

I blinked, fidgeting with my top nervously as my heart thundered in my chest, "W-what do you mean?"

I saw him visibly clench his teeth, "How did you get away? Why don't you even have a scratch?"

"I-"

He was pacing, running his fingers through his already tousled hair before he came to stop before me, his eyes wide and filled with tears, "I- I saw. I saw and I couldn't-" He broke down a bit, sobbing into his hands and I was tempted to wrap my arms around him to comfort him but I couldn't bring myself to.

A part of me wanted to feel bad but all I felt was disgust. I tried to cast the feeling aside and did what I initially wanted to do, wrapping my arms around his body firmly, feeling him go rigid under my touch.