[🔪]Go To Sleep

Chapter Fifty Two

||MASKY||

Stealing across manicured lawns, Jeff and I made our way to the house that was keeping our recovering target safe, for the time being.

He held a hand up and I paused, watching as he continued ahead of me, sneaking around the rear of the house. He came back a few minutes later, shaking his head.

"Fuckers got this place on lock. I saw a window though, pretty high up."

"Then we just have to make do," I grinned, checking that the gun was securely tucked in the waistband of my jeans.

He chuckled, twirling his knife, "my thoughts exactly."

I hadn't seen any weapons on the guards but they may have just been concealed so I decided we had to take caution with how we made our entrance.

Jeff on the other hand, as mad as he was, started straight for the back again in his excitement and I followed behind. The window he was talking about was on the top level of the two story house, and there weren't many places I could spot that would support climbing.

"A ladder would come in real handy right now," Jeff spoke, looking up at the window with his head thrown back and both hands on his hips, his dark hair falling mid-back.

"I'll take the challenge," I dusted off my hands and got close to the wall, using my fingertips to search for any grooves in the wood and once I was able to find secure handholds, a grin spread across my face, "this isn't so bad."

Jeff watched me scale the wall and once I was at the window I pushed it open, poking my head inside to see a dark bedroom that appeared to have not been used for a long time. Maybe a guest room.

Once I was inside I watched Jeff make his way up and lent him a hand when he was close enough, pulling him inside.

I pulled the gun out, releasing the safety as we heard a feminine voice beyond the door, coming closer.

Someone was singing.

I placed a hand on the doorknob, waiting with my ear pressed against the wood as the singing drew closer.

Timing myself just right, I waited until the sound went by the door before I pulled it open and the singing ceased, a startled cry escaping the lips of the maid when I grabbed her around the waist from behind and pressed the gun against her temple.

"Be quiet or I'll blast a hole through your pretty little head," I spoke gruffly against her ear. The way her body shook as she was pressed against me caused raw electricity to run a course down my spine.

I could never get sick of this feeling.

She nodded, palms up in surrender and I took a few steps backwards, dragging her along with me. A gasp left her lips when Jeff exited the room, however. His smile must've startled her.

"Where are the guards?" I hissed.

Jeff was getting that familiar look of bloodlust in his eyes, twirling his knife as his smile widened.

"D-downstairs," the girl stuttered out.

"And the brunette?" Jeff asked, stalking closer, his head tilted to the side.

"S-she's downstairs too. We moved her things because of h-her injuries."

When Jeff was close enough, standing just before her with that crazed look in his eyes and his carved-in smile, I felt her body begin to shake even more violently and she turned her head away when his blade was pressed against her chubby cheek.