Chp~ 34: Bond

♡Justin's P.O.V♡

Currently, Emma and I were laughing and talking. We didn't stay on one subject in particular. We would talk about flowers, then jump to bugs. It was a weird conversation.

"But yeah, I hear that they crawl all funny," she said laughing as once again for the 17th time she fixed her bandana.

"Emma, can you please remove the bandana?" I asked while not demanding her.

"I don't know. This is like my security blanket. It's like if I don't have it on, I don't feel safe," she answered back looking down at the floor.

"If it's because you don't feel beautiful, that's not true. You will forever be beautiful. You know, I didn't fall in love with Kaitlin because she was 'beautiful' I fell in love with her, because she loved me for me. She didn't care what others said about us together. Sometimes the most amazing compliments are the ones you give yourself," I said back thinking of the time Kaitlin and I first met.

She nodded and slowly untied the bandana and removed it. She had a clear head but her beauty didn't disappear.

"You look absolutely beautiful," I said grabbing a hold of her hand and rubbing her pointer finger with my thumb.

A knock interrupted us from our moment as it was a nurse, "sorry to bother but Kaitlin is asking for you Justin."

I nodded and kissed Emma's head while telling her that I would be back in a couple minutes.

I walked out into the next room as I saw Kaitlin breathing through some tubes up her nose. She had an IV in her arm to calculate her blood and a heart beat motor.

"Hi baby, how you feeling?" I asked whispering to her since she look tired.

"Just tired and very lazy. The doctor said the medicine was going to make me fall asleep," she said rubbing her head a bit.

I hadn't noticed that she had a few cuts on her face.

"What happened? I heard something about blood transfer. Is my blood okay?" She asked with a tone of worried in her voice.

"Her name is Emma. She was the one who gave you blood transfer to help you survive. She has cancer and her story is very sad, but she is so strong. I actually want you to meet her. I'll be right back," I said getting up and walking out to the next room to get Emma.

I picked up Emma since she was so light. I leaned her on my hip as she wrapped her arms around my neck and put her head in my neck.

Slowly walking in to Kaitlin's room, I saw Kaitlin starring at Emma.

"Is that her?" Kaitlin asked while trying to sit up from the bed she was in.

"Yeah this is Emma. She's the one who saved you," I said and tried setting down Emma on the edge of the bed, but she clung on tighter to my neck.

"She's a good person, I promise you." I whispered to Emma and sat her down.

"Hi Emma, I'm Kaitlin." I saw them both bond as Emma got a lot more comfortable with Kaitlin.

We talked for what felt like hours until a nurse came in to take Emma to her chemotherapy.

Now, it was only Kaitlin and I.

"The doctor said we will be out of her in about 3-4 days," I said holding onto Kaitlin's hand.

She nodded and kissed my hand lightly.

"Listen I have something to tell you," I said nervously hoping Kaitlin would agree to what I had to say.

"Are you breaking up with me?" She asked staring to tear up.

"No, never in my life will I do that," I said kissing her cheek and finally her lips. "I will never in a million years break up with you."

"Than what is it?" She asked cleaning her face a bit.

"I want to adopt Emma and you and I could be legal guardians," I finally said breathing out.

___________________________

SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING.

I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY WITH SCHOOL.

MAKE SURE YOU GUYS VOTE AND COMMENT.

Thanks to everyone who is voting and commenting on every single chapter. That makes me smile so much.

Well I love you guys so much and I'll see you maybe next week, not sure yet.

- Carolina :)