Mikayla

Mark paces outside Jack's hospital room, awaiting his return from surgery. The horrible aroma of ammonia meeting his nose as a cleaning lady walks past him with a squelching, filthy looking mop. She wreaked of the same cleaning detergent and hand sanitizer, making Mark's nose want to shut and cease to exist. But he had to admit... She was pretty, despite her chemical smell. She was tall and thin, black hair in a messy bun, red lips popped out against her pale white face that had the right amount of makeup to look rather realistic. Her uniform consisted of white shorts and short sleeve, over the top of her front was a blue apron, pockets on her hips that had the end of keys and the other had a clip on ID.

"Can I help you sir?" She chuckles, snapping Mark from his gaze at her. "You're staring" He looks away embarrassed.

"H-huh, o-oh, Heh, sorry. Y-yeah." Was all Mark could manage to stutter out through his embarrassment of being caught staring.
"You're very pretty to be working here. Have you ever thought of working in a bar or even a Hotel? Hospitality industry?" Mark attempts to make conversation. She raises and eyebrow and chuckles in response.

"Thank you, you're pretty good looking yourself. Unfortunately, this was the only job that I was accepted into. Despite going to a lot of places." She rolls her eyes with a defeated sigh, pouting. Her eyes softening to upset. "I've always wanted to work with people, dealing with them... Instead I clean up AFTER people" she chuckles sarcastically.
"But since you've mentioned places, I'd say you have something or somewhere in mind" she insists Mark to continue. Rolling her hand as a gesture for him to continue when he doesn't take the first hint.

"Oh, sorry. Well I run a hotel and... Well as horrible as some people think it is, I run a strip club. We're hopefully going to open again soon." Mark explains. She smiles widely with a glimmer of happiness in her eyes. Mark laughs at her jumping around.
"By that reaction... I understand that you'd like a job at one of them?" Mark smiles. Pulling out a black business card with golden link writing from his pocket with his work cellphone contact and an email. "Be in contact with me, tell me where you'd like to work in my establishments and I'll see what I can do for you."

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!" She screams.
"My name is Mikayla by the way, and you're Mark if I read right?" She greets herself, reaching out a hand to shake. Mark greets back with a nod. Shaking her hand.

"If you'd like to talk, I have time... My boyfriend is currently in surgery with broken ribs" Mark sighs.

"Omg that's so cute that you're gay! But I'm so sorry to hear." Mikayla squeals then frowns. Leading Mark to a lounge for patients near by, pulling out a chair, indicating for Mark to take a seat.
---
Hours felt like minutes as Mark and Mikayla chatted about the job. So far they'd agreed that she wanted to be a bartender at the club, her pay as she trained and worked and other things. Marks attention was pulled away from her as a doctor entered the seating area.

"Mark?" He asks. Mark nods. "Hello again, remember me? Wade. Once again I'm Jack's doctor" Mark stands up and hugs him. Hesitantly, Wade hugs back.

"How's Jack?" Mark cuts straight through the gibberish and nonsense he knew would be coming.

"He has internal bleeding and broken bones. His brain scans show a concussion. He took a lot of hard hits and blows-"

"I know! I was there!! Just tell me if he will be okay or be the same!" Mark demands, stamping his foot. Frustrated that they explain everything that the person already knew.

"Mark there is no need to yell." Wade says calmly. Sighing and reading his clipboard. "He will be okay, but he'll need more recovery time again. But this time he can walk himself, but we advise that you make sure he has a lot of rest. It will speed up his healing process" Wade explains. Mark sighs, removing his glasses, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Great, just what the club needs. Even longer before it reopens. We already have people annoyed at how long it's taking" Marks groans. Shaking his head, annoyed.
"Is he at least awake right now and talking?" Mark asks, raising his head hopefully.

"Yes" Wade simply answered, nodding his head. Indicating for Mark to follow.

"Thank you Mikayla, do keep in contact and you'll be getting the job. I think you've got the right personality for the job" Mark smiles encouragingly as he follows Wade.

"He will be able to leave after we can confirm he's stable and safe to go home. The blow to his head left some damage in his brain, we need to monitor it incase it becomes serious. Sorry that this seems to be a regular occurrence for you two" Wade explains, offering a ghost of a smile. His voice rather strained, as if he didn't want to say it but forced himself to.

"Why did that sound forced?" Mark asks. Wade looks over at Mark, seeing confusion and a serious expression mixed on his face. He winces,

"I just wanted to lighten the mood a little," Wade shrugs with a fake laugh. Mark offers a smile.